Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

I am pretty damned sure that when the Zula was being developed on when we tried out the prototype at Jonkers, someone said Mr Morewood had his running a 140mm .... need to do some trawling to find out more ....

That might be.

I just didn't like the feel.

Also didn't want to make too many spacers (on the lathe) to space down the fork, so just made a 10mm (& used another 15mm i made previously) to get it to 125mm instead of 130mm

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you actually measured with a tapered fork & an external (lower) headset ?

I am sure it'll fit.

No I doubt he has done any of that.. I will mention it to him... thx for the tip

I am pretty damned sure that when the Zula was being developed on when we tried out the prototype at Jonkers, someone said Mr Morewood had his running a 140mm .... need to do some trawling to find out more ....

Hairy - mate of mine ran his Zula with a Talas 140mm for quite a while (years). Downhills he claims were awesome, but the Talas mechanism he felt was necessary for the climbs and climbing comfort (stop the looping out on the steeps).

I did a demo day with Patrick at Oak Valley a couple years ago. He indicated at the time that 100mm was perfect/prefered, and it could take a 120mm but was not too wild about the idea. Anything bigger voids any warrantee.

As for Patrick's personal bike vs 140mm fork...I am sure it was something special / prototype / custom he was on so would be hesitant to use it as a bench mark

No I doubt he has done any of that.. I will mention it to him... thx for the tip

I might be stripping my Zula soon, so will take some measurements & post them up here.

I do have a 'tapered steerer to straight head tube' lower headset cup I will measure.

I just don't have a tapered fork (anymore) to measure.

Wow, today was special. These Morewoods have endless cornering ability, and so agile. I am so impressed!

Loving my Sukuma!

Wow, today was special. These Morewoods have endless cornering ability, and so agile. I am so impressed!

Loving my Sukuma!

Pictures!!

Loving my Sukuma!

You've been riding skelm! :thumbdown: :thumbup:

Took my Shova on a fast 25 klicks today... Man she changes direction instantaneously. Felt so good just to point it somewhere and know you're going there... Smooth, comfortable and seriously fun! Got lots of air and even found myself drifting through some corner...

Felt so BMXy, can't wait to ride tomorrow.

Took my Shova on a fast 25 klicks today... Man she changes direction instantaneously. Felt so good just to point it somewhere and know you're going there... Smooth, comfortable and seriously fun! Got lots of air and even found myself drifting through some corner...

Felt so BMXy, can't wait to ride tomorrow.

Rad! Think I'll go too..

The only thing, and I had the shock set quiet quick, she don't like going up the hill bit soo much. Which isn't really an issue, cause I was smiling so much from the going down the hill bit...

Loving my new Zula, intrigued by the talk of converting to 650b, I might just try it as I have my 650b hard tail standing idle!post-52292-0-24239600-1403027899_thumb.jpg

Loving my new Zula, intrigued by the talk of converting to 650b, I might just try it as I have my 650b hard tail standing idle!post-52292-0-24239600-1403027899_thumb.jpg

Need to put some new decals on that fork to match the colours of the morewood :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some updated pics of my Zula! Got some new Tyres today, gonna run a Bronson up front and Wolverine rear, I hear it's a good combo. Also, new Spank 762mm bars arriving on the weekend. Love this bike...

post-44046-0-34945000-1404844735_thumb.jpg

post-44046-0-99631100-1404844749_thumb.jpg

Archived