PRICE FIXING

Kings Cycle

Henlo

Thanks for the bargain prices on the Merida's. Sorry to hear that Merida is now threatening to take away your dealership.

Have they ever heard of price fixing?!?

I think the competition board must have a look at this.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check how no-one's prepared to touch this one with a barge pole since the last debacle polarised the industry, the hub and the world at large.

Remember to not buy fuel from Sasol as well hey...

Why would a agent give a rat's behind what the shop sells it products for. They get their money at the end of the day. Sorry, I'm blonde but I do not get the concept of RRP.

Check how no-one's prepared to touch this one with a barge pole since the last debacle polarised the industry' date=' the hub and the world at large.
[/quote']

he he, wonder if any LBS would be ballsy enough to sell Tread at R2 below the RRP? that would be funny

Hah, SPOT ON MAMPARA! They make some bollocks up about those who undercut destroying the market. My ass.

heheh shebeen they can actually sell it for whatever they want but not more than the cover price...go negotiate with the buggers and let me know how it goes!

he he' date=' wonder if any LBS would be ballsy enough to sell Tread at R2 below the RRP? that would be funny[/quote']

I'm sure they can if they want to. As long as they/Tread get their full amount at the end of the day.

he he' date=' wonder if any LBS would be ballsy enough to sell Tread at R2 below the RRP? that would be funny[/quote']

I'm sure they can if they want to. As long as they/Tread get their full amount at the end of the day.

Or the subscriber get his mag at the end of the day.

heheh shebeen they can actually sell it for whatever they want but not more than the cover price...go negotiate with the buggers and let me know how it goes!

WHAT? you are dictating a maximum price?! it's a market economy, i'm off to the comp com.

I actually did have to negotiate to buy my first copy of Tread. They had a box of them instore, but being a new product it wasn't on the 'system' yet. yip, if the pc couldn't register the sale, i couldn't buy it. after a few minutes of me calling bullsh1t, i got my copy. just hope mighty mouse didn't fire the bloke.

ok back to the topic....cheap meridas up the weskus ....for now

Check how no-one's prepared to touch this one with a barge pole since the last debacle polarised the industry' date=' the hub and the world at large.
[/quote']

he he, wonder if any LBS would be ballsy enough to sell Tread at R2 below the RRP? that would be funny

Heh, yeah and undercut themselves in the process... Good old darwin business practice, kinda like cutting one's nose off to spite themself.

Don't know much about Merida's policy on recommended retail and discounts LBS's are allowed to give and whether or not they have threatened Henlo. What I would say is before giving the Merida importers grief, consider that they have kept their prices lower than most brands.

If you compare their bikes to Raleigh equivalents, you will see that the new reduced Raleigh prices in many cases are still slightly higher than Merida's long standing 2009 prices. Not trying to take a stab at Raleigh, but what I am saying is Merida have kept the prices reasonable in 2009. Raleigh's new pricing is good especially on the Carbon HT's.

That is at their RRP's. At present the best value for money bikes I have come across.

On the Henlo topic, I think he probably ruffled a number of retailers feathers by advertising his stock of DS Merida's at such a low price. You got to ask are his margins sustainable, or is he just trying to attract attention to his shop and messing with the market.