Negativity with classified ads

jaguar

Why is it that when someone trys to sell something in the classifieds section, there is always at least one 'palooka' who responds negatively therefor destroying the add for any future potential buyers? I have recently put an add up for a frame for sale on behalf of a mate. Im trying to do him a favour but I get wise ass replies from one or two hubbers. If one has no interest in helping with the sale except making it worse please dont respond - it ruins the add even though there is nothing wrong with it and it isnt a scam! If you want to rant and rave about something being out of place thats why there is a 'rant and rave' section! Which is why im putting this paragraph in here. I dont know - does anyone else feel the same as me or experienced similar things? Or am I just having a bad day?LOL 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisecrack comments are irritating, agreed. Sometimes we think we're funny but nobody else does Smile.

If what is being offered can be obtained cheaper elsewhere I think it's not a bad idea to post. May not help the seller but does the potential buyer.

I've noticed something odd as well - there would be a sh!tty comment made, I get it in my email, but when I check the forum it's not there Confused

You are 100% correct. If it is too expensive for you, move on. If it is not the right colour for you, move on. If you want to haggle about the price send a PM. Why, if you have no interest in the item, do you want to post a 'I can get it cheaper at cheapo cycles' comment? Idiots will be idiots and they will always be around Confused

I agree with all said, if you don't have interest in the item please move on without leaving a comment unless it is positive.

BUT - the seller must then be honest and realistic in what he/she wants to put up for sale in this public space. If i can get the item at nearly the same price brand new, then i would like to know about it. Also for products that was sold on thehub last month and is now back for sale - don't just post it, give the reason why it is back for sale and .....

Communication is key, put all the facts on the table please!

Or am i just having a bad day LOL 
Dragu2009-06-26 02:25:23

Look, sometimes the comments are a bit off, but then again, if they bother you and your sale so much, then sell your stuff on some other forum or site that doesn't allow comments to be added. Simple. The interwebs is not a preschool with ever vigilant babysitters. 

TNT12009-06-26 02:31:00

The interwebs is not a preschool with ever vigilant babysitters. 

Unless you ride without a helmet, ride through stop streets/robots or are a roadie and don't wave to mountain bikers ..... Wink

TNT....I hear your point. But all I ask is that people use a bit of descreation when replying.

Plus this is a cycling forum and we are selling cycling stuff so im not going to take it elsewhere. And I sure dont need a babysitter!!! Im just voicing my opinion, and its being done in the 'rant and rave' section! (not on the classified posts) 

The interwebs is not a preschool with ever vigilant babysitters. 

Unless you ride without a helmet' date=' ride through stop streets/robots or are a roadie and don't wave to mountain bikers ..... Wink
[/quote']

Just for kicks, I'm gonna ride over a mtber whilst going through a red light on my way home... Granted I'll be wearing a helmet, but I'll take the numberplate of the 'tardBig%20smile

At last I have the answer as to why MTB riders want us to wave to them - they feel unloved with all that dirty and grime on them!

Plus they want people to see that we roadies acknowledge them.

Jaguar, this is what will happen when you put stuff up for sale on an open forum. I agree that it can be a pain in the n0ught. As mentioned by Draqu, if the price is a bit off, would you not like to be warned about it by your fellow Hubbers?

If you want a forum that is not open, try Junkmail.

The best thing about the hub is the constant feedback and advice on various issues related to cycling being it training or stuff for sale.

Helps everybody get a good price for a good component.

Simple as that.

Look' date=' sometimes the comments are a bit off, but then again, if they bother you and your sale so much, then sell your stuff on some other forum or site that doesn't allow comments to be added. Simple. The interwebs is not a preschool with ever vigilant babysitters. 

[/quote']

100% correct.....and dont try to sell stuff with a helluva price! You wont get it sold....

I agree. But I dont agree with being told that the 2009 frame I am selling is actually a 2007. Where it is actually a 2009, that is why im irritated.....Wink 

and dont try to sell stuff with a helluva price! You wont get it sold....

Or put "not negotiable" on your ad...LOL

or face the fact that comments will be made.

its the comments about the items for sale that have highlighted errors and people trying to over sell the truth on items (bike items, not ipods)