Numb feet

JimmyB

MuXmAn' date=' when I started cycling I also had the numb nuts feeling.

QUOTE']

"Numb nuts", is this a "misnommer" is it not the "sharp" end that gets numb...Shocked 

muxman, i can only speak on the numb hands and arms thing... ewep is right, too long a stem can sause this (i used to get that on my old bike where i couldn't change the stem and it was a 51cm so a tad big - i was stretched out on it the whole time and after about 80-100km my arms would go numb). on the new bike i got that sorted out but then following a  wrist op started getting probs after 100+km - someone here on the hub recommended double bar tape and voila it's all sorted. much cheaper than the fancy gel inserts etc.

numb feet - first make sure cleat possie is right, and that the shoes fit right. after that go see a good podiatrist.

Guest Big H

When I first got my Shimano MTB shoes I developed "hot spots" on the underside of my feet where the cleat makes contact. The tingling and numbness in my toes was also present. I got a thin piece of high density foam form the local "skuimrubber" shop. Cut an insert for both shoes and viola the problem was solved. With time I removed them and still even with the new Diadoras no problems. Not sure whether it is my feet that got used to the shoes or the shoes that got used to my feet!!!!!

Is it the shoes' date=' is it the socks, is it the seat height?  I suffered badly on the epic from bad blood circulation in my toes.  Bad pins and needles after about two hours of riding from day three on. Changed the shoes on day five and the same numbness was there after a few hours of riding. Frustrating. This morning when I put my work shoes on the numbness returned.  Even now my toes have that dead arm feeling.. Any suggestions.smiley18.gif

[/quote']

You have the answer in front of you .THE EPIC.

This was a common problem at the epic this year.this is what happens when you go hiking for 45min in cycling shoes.If you had carbon soles it would have been even worse.

Only advice i can give is to stay away from carbon sole mtb shoes.In mtb you are going to walk sometime.I take a size 42 shoe but wear a 43 cycling shoe and it works for me.You will be surprised how much you feet swell when it is hot.

MuXmAn' date=' when I started cycling I also had the numb nuts feeling. The only solution I found was to fit a saddle with a gatjie in the middle. It really helps, took away the uncomfortable feeling in the nether regions.

You can try one of a few things for the numb arms and hands. Best would be a new stem, as it sounds like yours is a bit long, or the setu is not quite right. [/quote']

Recently put an ergonomic carbon handle bar on my bike (used my 2 grand) and no pins and needles in my arms, as for the legs, going tomorrow to get a new sitplek at my LBS Just Cycles, also think it could be shoes but going to try the sitplek first.

Does this happen when you have a long sit on the toilet?

I mean, maybe you musn't sit so long?