CYCLING accident

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

20090626_191105_Image008.jpgHelp, I need to claim from this IDIOT. in excess R50K.

The company wants me to claim from driver.

The driver says he did not see ME.

Please guys I need YOUR help.20090626_125250_Image002.jpg20090626_125322_Image003.jpg

FRONT WHEEL LOOKS OKAY. MY LEFT KNEE IS ALL BASHED.

RIGHT PEDAL IS SMASHED. MY RIGHT SHOULDER IS FULL OF GLASS.

REAR WHEEL IS ALL ASKEW. MY NECK LOOKS LIKE A CAMEL WITH BUMPS.

FRAME IS COVERED IN CRACKS. BODY IS FULL OF BRUISES.

I AM KNOW LOST WITHOUT MY BIKE.!!  

YES I WILL BE CONTACTING A LAWYER.

I WILL BE CYCLING AGAIN VERY SLOWLY BUT ON THE GRASS.

Some VERY generous person,  PERSONS have made some PARTS available.

It looks like , I have an offer for a BIKE or WHEELS. TILL things get FIXXED.

NOW to sort out the Paper Work. CLAIMING for this damage. 

frail2009-06-27 09:49:26

If the driver was driving for the employer in the line of his work, then the employer is liable - the employer must in turn (try to) claim from the driver if the driver was at fault!

owen622009-06-26 13:07:05

Agree with Owen on this one... He was representing the company at the time. Just the same as you claim from a bank when one of it's employees is negligent - you don't claim from the employee. 

see an attorney.it wont cost too much to get the ball rolling, then see how far u want  to go with it.

Owen is correct.it is termed vicarious liability, but there are certain requirements which must be met,as pointed out above.

i wouldn't pursue the driver as u will probably achieve little.

sorry about the acccident and good luck

(i would represent u but i only qualify to practice next year.u are welcome to send pm if u need any free advice.)

Dude who cares if he saw you or not?!?! I mean seriously if someone is on the road they have certain responsibilities.

If you hit a pedestrian while driving its pretty much your fault regardless if he dived off the pavement infront of your car. He must pay!!!!

The company: is that an insurance company or the company of the driver of the car that hit you  ?

If its not insured, then you should be able to claim back from the third party (i.e. the driver or the company). IF this is the case, then you will need to pursue a legal route. Which means talking to the legal experts. They will know who is liable.

If the bike is insured, then the policy wording will state for what

you will be covered for.

The vicarious liability will no doubt attach so all you need to do to put in a 3rd party liability claim. The only way that I can see the vehicle owners being obstructive is if they have no insurance cover on the vehicle!!

Frail I take my hat of to you. If this happened to me I would've wrote this out of jail, no jokes.

For your own injuries and hospitalization you can claim from the road accident fund if I am not mistaken. If you have insurance, take all the info, drivers name, reg. no, license plate, vehicle license no. company name, all info you can get, and hand it in. Let them do the fighting!

Guest Frail4Life

Dear Leet22

Cycle along Sea Point Beach Road, then TURN LEFT AT THE BOTTOM CIRLE. The ENTRANCE to THE PENINSULA HOTEL, NO WITTNESS AT THIS STAGE. 

My work is in REGENT ROAD AT THE SECOND CIRCLE FROM BEACH ROAD.

I am busy rebuilding my bike or to have size fit done on DONORS BIKE.

THANKS

Hi Frail, is your bike insured. Guess where all curious as insurance threads have been popular of late.

But sorry to hear about it, but least your OK - thats the only positive thing we can say right now.

Help' date=' I need to claim from this IDIOT. in excess R50K.

The company wants me to claim from driver.

The driver says he did not see ME.

Please guys I need YOUR help.

FRONT WHEEL LOOKS OKAY. MY LEFT KNEE IS ALL BASHED.

RIGHT PEDAL IS SMASHED. MY RIGHT SHOULDER IS FULL OF GLASS.

REAR WHEEL IS ALL ASKEW. MY NECK LOOKS LIKE A CAMEL WITH BUMPS.

FRAME IS COVERED IN CRACKS. BODY IS FULL OF BRUISES.

I AM KNOW LOST WITHOUT MY BIKE.!!  

YES I WILL BE CONTACTING A LAWYER.

I WILL BE CYCLING AGAIN VERY SLOWLY BUT ON THE GRASS.

Some VERY generous person,  PERSONS have made some PARTS available.

It looks like , I have an offer for a BIKE or WHEELS. TILL things get FIXXED.

NOW to sort out the Paper Work. CLAIMING for this damage. 

[/quote']

I dont understand this post.

You give no information about the issue, ask for help, dont reply to any questions!!,......... then post you are claiming for the damage.??

1)I need to claim from this IDIOT - which idiot, the driver? the company who employs the driver?

2)The company wants me to claim from driver. - which company?, your insurance company?, the company who employed the driver? or the company appointed insurance broker? - you need to be a lot more specific.

3)NOW to sort out the Paper Work. CLAIMING for this damage. - With who are you filling out paperwork to claim, your insurance, the company insurance, the drivers insurance, an attorney,claiming dierectly from the company?............there is no info frail, you need to cross your T's and dot your I's if you want advice, folks have asked questions, but you have pointedly ignored them, how do you expect advice.?

If you dont have insurance, "say so", if the company or driver is not insured "say so", we are all sorry to hear about your "neck that looks like a camel" (sic) BUT,it has no bearing on the issue you asked for assistance on.    

porky2009-06-29 05:35:46