Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Back then, I was on blue Cannondale Criterium.

Around what year were you guys racing school boy?

I started u15 in '87, raced inter provs and Erik van Enter at Hendrik Vervoerd dam.

Most of the durban guys were on cannondales.

Was an awesome era to grow up racing.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Around what year were you guys racing school boy?

I started u15 in '87, raced inter provs and Erik van Enter at Hendrik Vervoerd dam.

Most of the durban guys were on cannondales.

Was an awesome era to grow up racing.

Also around that time, 87, 88, 89. Ride Eric van Enter in Cape Town and Potchefstroom.

Also around that time, 87, 88, 89. Ride Eric van Enter in Cape Town and Potchefstroom.

I would have been U17, but you would have been in my brothers age group I would probably think. He did the Cape town Erik van.

Super aggressive racing in those age groups...

I still have my Hansom with 105 that I used to race... Just rebuilt it a few months back..

Can anyone help ? I have bought an old Hansom Tandem . Does anyone know what tubing was used for these bikes - I suspect it is Reynolds 531 , but not sure , and what seatpost size was standard ? The seatpost lugs have been abused a bit . The bike came with seat posts of 25.4 mm but the one seems a little loose , so not sure if they are the correct size .

Seat post is probably 27.2, all my Hansoms are that size.

Tubing was probably 531, though later models, you should be able to tell by the forks (square or sloping crown), could be 753, even 853. I don't know the tandems, but could also be 525, which was popular on lower end Hansoms. Even seen a couple of 501 frames.

Probably a good idea to try to determine the age. There was another Hansom advertised here, a shop in Grahamstown. If this is not the same one, maybe ask them for some detailed pics to compare.

Edited by heyyou

Hi Morpheus, one word for this bike, "perfect". It is beautiful from the paint work/colour to the NOS groupset. This is something to be very proud of. Well done, enjoy.

Hi, everyone.

The Olmo is complete, has been ridden, and is pretty awesome.

I may change the stem for a slightly shorter one.

I think she turned out rather nicely.

post-16283-0-59161200-1394801339_thumb.jpg

post-16283-0-27472100-1394801356_thumb.jpg

This bike will be ridden a lot.

Hi, everyone.

The Olmo is complete, has been ridden, and is pretty awesome.

I may change the stem for a slightly shorter one.

I think she turned out rather nicely.

This bike will be ridden a lot.

Awesome job, well done.

Hi Morpheus, please tell us more about the restoration of the Raleigh. It is such an incredibly detailed and perfect restoration, I'm curious to know more.