Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

What a great find DJR. I also think Woodstock Cycleworks would be the place for it as Morph said. You could also photograph the other interesting pages and load them to a gallery for everyone to see?

Do you know who the riders on the cover are?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great find DJR. I also think Woodstock Cycleworks would be the place for it as Morph said. You could also photograph the other interesting pages and load them to a gallery for everyone to see?

Hennie Wentzel winning the 1987 Argus from Pierre Smit and Hans Degenaar.

It rained a little that year.

I think the perfect place for that book is at Nils' coffee shop at Woodstock Cycleworks

That's what I'll do then. I'll drop it off at Woodstock Cycleworks. And look at the broken Colnago Carbitubo that hangs in the rafters, wondering once again whether I can fix it.......would be such a nice companion for the old Bititan........luckily it was tax month recently, so I'm broke and in no danger of overspending.

We did a Retro ride this morning here in Cape Town. Here is Johnny Koen and Glen.post-51655-0-85747100-1459600795_thumb.jpg Some of the other old dudes, my brother Deon and I.

post-51655-0-62998900-1459601085_thumb.jpg and we even managed to snap one of the bikespost-51655-0-39775900-1459601119_thumb.jpg

I have an old (1988) LeJeune "Cycle Racing, Training and Logbook", if anyone is interested. It's or free if it goes to someone who is keen on Le Jeune and have one. The book is A5 size and unused. I just have to clear out my study and and and. I'm based in Cape Town and would prefer not to ship it if it can be helped.

Three legends on the cover

Wiele - which was my mentor and coach in the early '80's

Hans - Amateur legend

Pierre - another amateur legend and a good friend of mine

Hennie Wentzel winning the 1987 Argus from Pierre Smit and Hans Degenaar.

It rained a little that year.

Ha, ha, ha - the year of the storm

I was in the form of my life that year.  First year senior.  But when I heard that rain pelting on the roof in the early morning hours - I went back to sleep.

Wiele was a poster boy for rule #5.  So too Hans and Pierre!!!

Hey Peeps. How many of you are heading for Montague Eroica on the 23 April? And what are you doing for shoes? I am desperately looking for something suitable in size 44. To loan or to buy. Can anyone assist?