Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've been fortunate enough to land up with a Look KG-481SL.

She's got a few corrosion issues around the head tube (see pics)... any comments, advice, precautions?

attachicon.gif20140926_154706_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20140926_154759_resized.jpg

I'd get hold of a Dremel pencil grinder. Use that machine's wire brush to get rid of that old paint and corrosion. That should get rid of all that muck on the front lugs without damaging what's underneath as the dremel's wire brush is softer than a usual drill wire brush. Might take a bit longer but rather safe than sorry. You wouldn't wanna damage those carbon tubes from a little slip..Good luck with the build. Sure she'll be a beaut. 

Patch up with some tipp-ex. Cheap-Quick fix.

Riiiight... I'll do that right before I put a tensioner on, run it SS (or claim it a fixie!) with flat bars and call myself a Hipster...!

Guest notmyname

Riiiight... I'll do that right before I put a tensioner on, run it SS (or claim it a fixie!) with flat bars and call myself a Hipster...!

Hehehe. Just read this again.

Guys hope all is well in here.

I further reduced my Alan Record's price to R3000 in classifieds.

I hope my LBS didn't f&*%^& uo the bike as when they removed the stuck seat post it broke off and now a new one can only be inserted 60mm. and darn it 25mm seat posts are hard to come by.

I don't want to let her go, but she's taking up space at home.

If you know of anyone that might be interested, please tell them about the ad,

post-15052-0-40319400-1412072910_thumb.jpg

Guys hope all is well in here.

I further reduced my Alan Record's price to R3000 in classifieds.

I hope my LBS didn't f&*%^& uo the bike as when they removed the stuck seat post it broke off and now a new one can only be inserted 60mm. and darn it 25mm seat posts are hard to come by.

I don't want to let her go, but she's taking up space at home.

If you know of anyone that might be interested, please tell them about the ad,

thanks Rudi

now i hve hve another Alan to my collection :)

thanks Rudi

Was nice to meet you. Glad the Alan found a good home!

thanks Rudi

Conrad, I hope you remember you promised me two Alans, 1 road and 1 track.

I'm still waiting!!!!

Don't you have enough bikes now Conrad?

Dangerous question to ask someone else, because tomorrow they may ask you the same thing  ;)

Hi Guys and Girls!

I am desperately trying to finish off a rebuild of the Benesto but seriously need to find an Italian thread square tapered BB (109-110mm). Please contact me if you have one or know someone who may have a spare. 

Build so far, C Record group set, with Record headset and Cinelli bar and stem. (NOS Eddy Merckx tape). The seat post is still being polished when a Rolls saddle will complete the look. Vento wheels with NOS Michelin Hi Comp 18c tyres. Also have NOS Time racing pedals to grace the C Record cranks.

Any help would be appreciated ................

post-44986-0-51703900-1412320967_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys and Girls!

I am desperately trying to finish off a rebuild of the Benesto but seriously need to find an Italian thread square tapered BB (109-110mm). Please contact me if you have one or know someone who may have a spare. 

Build so far, C Record group set, with Record headset and Cinelli bar and stem. (NOS Eddy Merckx tape). The seat post is still being polished when a Rolls saddle will complete the look. Vento wheels with NOS Michelin Hi Comp 18c tyres. Also have NOS Time racing pedals to grace the C Record cranks.

Any help would be appreciated ................

attachicon.gifBanesto.jpg

A Veloce or centaur BB works perfectly with a C Record crank, surely you can get one new.