Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a 60's or 70's track crank, pre NJS days?

The holes for small chain ring confuse me.

Check if the teeth ar for a 1/8 chain.

What a cool idea!!!!!

I have a 787. Might do it! Wrap the frame in carbon vinyl.

Almost thought you bought an Alan

11057266_950177491693652_671895633518831

Is it yours Morph??

I know a guy here in PE who has one that looks the same as that....I'm not a Bianchi fundi, but I believe they're pretty special.

This is a cool thread. I didn't know that so many other people also enjoy old bikes. My son and I rode this 1970's DHC tandem in the Cape Town Cycle Tour two weeks ago.

post-42494-0-37072300-1426600966_thumb.jpg

The badge on this DHC is slightly different to the badges that I have seen posted previously on this thread. The D, H & C are all in caps. Also note the water bottle cage affixed to the handlebars.post-42494-0-60440900-1426601435_thumb.jpg

22830_950177345027000_515540656697846425

It is amazing that the cables run directly on the frame! What a beautiful bike!

The badge on this DHC is slightly different to the badges that I have seen posted previously on this thread. The D, H & C are all in caps. Also note the water bottle cage affixed to the handlebars.attachicon.gifDHC-badge.jpg

Same badge as on my 60's and 80's track bikes.

Ibex, are you sure the tandem is from the 70's? The cotter pin cranks would lead me to think so but the oversized down tube and flared headset confuse me! 

This is a cool thread. I didn't know that so many other people also enjoy old bikes. My son and I rode this 1970's DHC tandem in the Cape Town Cycle Tour two weeks ago.

It's a cool thread because people like you post ice cold cool bikes on it. I like the DHC tandem but I know absolutely zero about them. Where were they made?

Were the two of you interviewed by a SS presenter on the day?...

Very cool bike, looks in mint condition.

Same badge as on my 60's and 80's track bikes.

Ibex, are you sure the tandem is from the 70's? The cotter pin cranks would lead me to think so but the oversized down tube and flared headset confuse me! 

Loose cog, the oversized down tube was clearly ahead of its time. It has a single Zeus shifter on the down tube. Originally the bike was a 5 speed. I fitted the period double chainring about 15 years ago when my wife and I used to ride it (before we had children). Subsequently I replaced the seat posts (which kept coming loose) and the stem and handlebars to make the bike rideable. The front fork is from a standard bike with bracing added on. There is a headlamp which attaches to the boss that is visible on the fork.

Edited by Ibex

Very cool bike, looks in mint condition.

Thanks Eppie. Its actually quite patinated but it doesn't show on the photos. It runs like a beauty though!

It's a cool thread because people like you post ice cold cool bikes on it. I like the DHC tandem but I know absolutely zero about them. Where were they made?

DHC stands for Deale & Huth Cycles, a South African company. Fabrication of the bikes was done by Hans Huth who was of German descent. Most guys in their 50's or older had one as a kid or knew someone who had one.

Edited by Ibex