Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

I decided to share this bit of a hiccup with getting these parts from France with you guys. The seller sent me an email today saying that the Etsy Website that he advertised on was not suppose to allow purchasers from South Africa to buy from him, although his advert says "Shipping World wide". The postage that I paid, 30 Euros, apparently only covers the cost for delivery in France and the cost to send the parts to SA is 100 Euros. He now wants me to pay in another 50 Euros. How is that for a shocker.

Sounds like a bit of a scam to me!

Why don't you check with DHL, TNT or whomever, and see what a courier would cost?

Know anyone in the UK you could send it to? Then get it here, always HUBBERS gong and coming!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the seller appears to be sending the goods door-to-door which does cost Euro100.00.

Sending the goods normal international delivery often results in goods being delayed or lost by SAPO and you claiming non-delivery and them having to refund or send another lot of goods.

Edited by Loose cog

Unfortunately the seller appears that the seller plans to send the goods door-to-door which does cost Euro100.00.

Sending the goods normal international delivery often results in goods being delayed or lost by SAPO and you claiming non-delivery and them having to refund or send another lot of goods.

Update: The seller has already dispatched the parts and it is coming via the French Colissimo Postal Service. He sent me the tracking number and proof of payment for the 100 Euros. I checked the rates online and South Africa falls in the "Other" category and the fee is correct for the size of the parcel. He admitted that the mistake was on their side and is honouring the transaction. So it seems that I am getting my parts after all.

Edited by Eppie

I decided to share this bit of a hiccup with getting these parts from France with you guys. The seller sent me an email today saying that the Etsy Website that he advertised on was not suppose to allow purchasers from South Africa to buy from him, although his advert says "Shipping World wide". The postage that I paid, 30 Euros, apparently only covers the cost for delivery in France and the cost to send the parts to SA is 100 Euros. He now wants me to pay in another 50 Euros. How is that for a shocker.

Sounds about right though. You paying for volume and the wheels would seriously bump up the cost..

Sounds about right though. You paying for volume and the wheels would seriously bump up the cost..

You are correct Javadude I did go and check the rates on the Colissimo Post Office site and for the weight the charge is right. The seller and I came to an agreement on the extra charge over and above the 30 Euros that I paid and the parts are on its way to Cape Town.

Hi guys, if anyone is interested in getting decals from Cyclomondo, please drop me a PM.

I'm going to send an order through by next week for family to bring to CPT when they return from holiday.

Here's the link: http://cyclomondo.net/

Hi guys, if anyone is interested in getting decals from Cyclomondo, please drop me a PM.

I'm going to send an order through by next week for family to bring to CPT when they return from holiday.

Here's the link: http://cyclomondo.net/

I need a set of thesepost-51655-0-19078400-1442687415_thumb.jpg

I've gotten my hands on an 80's Concorde branded Selle San Marco Laser saddle. If anyone wants this for their Concorde, I'll be happy to sell, and although it does need some TLC, it's definitely salvageable. Otherwise, I think I'm going to have it recovered in perforated black / white leather!

post-64130-0-73005200-1442756593_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-59130100-1442756597_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-90581500-1442756602_thumb.jpg

post-64130-0-40924400-1442756605_thumb.jpg

Anyone interested in building up their own steel frame? I have a set of lugs. Fork dropouts are Campy, rear dropouts are for track.

post-64130-0-08598000-1442757208_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

I have an 80's Paletti Luciano with full Shimano 600. It's a lovely bike, and I'll shortly put up some pics, for those of you who didn't see the original pics I put up 5 years ago.

I am looking for two things please:

1. Information on where I can get the frame re chromed.

2. A set of rims from that period - Gipiemme, Mavic, FIR. I have considered Campy, and indeed actually have an Omega on it at the moment, but it seems odd to have Campy rims on a bike with a full Shimano 600 group set.

I'd be very grateful for any help available.

Thanks

Greg

Any offers for these, Campagnolo Atlanta 1996 wheels with Shimano Exage hubs. They're in good condition, few scratches here and there but nothing major. Was going to use them but prefer the wheels I have on my Somec

post-35806-0-86517400-1442775770_thumb.jpeg