Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would end up being more like R2.7 million by the time it got to SA, with shipping, 100% duty on complete bikes and VAT!!!

But, if I had it, I would.

That store room almost resembles a store room I once saw in the Eastern Cape!

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

A friend has asked me to sell his late 90s SA built PRODUX aluminium bike.

58 cm C2C

62 C2top

The bike is in good nick, new chain, but no wheels!!!

It has Shimano RSX 7 speed shifters, Solida crank, RX100 brakes and RD, with a Campy Mirage FD. Sell Italia saddle, Modolo Anatomic bars and, as far as I can see, no name stem and seat post. And Look clipless pedals.

All in very good condition.

Anyone any idea what it's worth? 

Any offers, good for an Eroica SA build!

You might ride each one twice in a year, where is the value in that?

Two rides on a cool bike once a year is worth more than a dozen rides a month on a so-so bike!

Two rides on a cool bike once a year is worth more than a dozen rides a month on a so-so bike!

I agree, just observing that if you have 150 cool bikes each one can only get ridden twice in the year...a years riding on one really cool bike is is better value?

Edited by tracknut

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

58 cm C2C

62 C2top

It has Shimano RSX 7 speed shifters, Solida crank, RX100 brakes and RD, with a Campy Mirage FD. Sell Italia saddle, Modolo Anatomic bars and, as far as I can see, no name stem and seat post. And Look clipless pedals.

Hi do you perhaps have few pics ? Thx

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

58 cm C2C

62 C2top

R2800

I agree, just observing that if you have 150 cool bikes each one can only get ridden twice in the year...a years riding on one really cool bike is is better value?

Retro bikes is so much more than riding them(for me).  Having said that I think there is a point at which any form of collecting becomes more about hoarding than actually appreciating what you have.

Look, if I had the million odd rand for the collection I would have it about now.

For me I love riding the few vintage bikes I have. If I had a collection that size I would display it. I don't see the point in just having them hidden away. I would have some kind of museum so others can appreciate the classics. It's not everyday you see 150 odd vintage bikes under 1 roof. Share the enjoyment is my philosophy.