Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

DA Seatpost? Will send a pic of the one I have for you

For my next build, I'm just going to keep it simple and employ you to source parts for me. :thumbup:  :D

Edited by DJR

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been here in a few weeks. Some nice bike builds that have been completed... I need help. I am looking for the illustrious 25mm LOOK seat post for a 481 SL that I am building... I bought one from France about 2 months ago and our WONDERFUL postal service has yet to provide some sort of info or part... Does someone by chance have one that they would like to part with that won't cost the earth or else something like a 25mm DA seat post? TIA.

Edited by Bruce Repsold

What a wonderful opportunity.Maybe next year plan a visit to the great city to coincide with it.

If I didn't already have something else planned and half paid for, I seriously would have done this.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought this frame and if at all possible I would like to identify it before deciding on how to proceed with it. Everything screams that it is a high end frame, but I cannot find any identifying marks. I'll post detail pictures and hope that someone can help.

I don't know if it is the original paint, but I see no obvious reason to think it was re-sprayed

The seat stays and chain stays are partly chromed

It only has bottle cage bolts on the down tube, none on the seat tube

I don't know if the fork is original, but have no specific reason to think that it is not

The construction, brazed on bits, fork shoulders, all indicate to mid 1970s to mid 1980s

post-17716-0-93755900-1543160734_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Built with Reynolds 531

The specific sticker was used during the 1960s and 1970s

post-17716-0-02025900-1543160972_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

The most unusual feature of the frame is the seat post clamp.

The seat tube is NOT split

Inside the seat tube is a clamp that moves to clamp the seat post when the bolt outside is turned

post-17716-0-15035200-1543161155_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-92928000-1543161169_thumb.jpg