Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

on those lines:

post-7990-0-78260900-1350673836_thumb.jpg

Hey Bud, listened to you on a radio clip the other day.

How that darling Victoria. Heard you got back together again.

Edited by HeartCoppi

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Talking about a certain bike shop we both know? I wish I'd mentioned everything I wanted to. Yes, I got the Victoria back but it's been too depressing to really get around to her, so I took her to Nils this week. They/he/it buckled the back wheel - apart from destroying the pump, messing up the pedals, and other little things I don't want to know about. All good your side? What new toys and projects? Come join a coffee ride now it's (supposedly) getting to summer. Sometime.

Sorry to hear of the damage. That hurts. Some things aren't easy to replace.. like those pedals.

sshheeess, of course dude, plenty.(against my will)

Been itching to ride but I take it you've seen the weather. The chopper has been up and down the road but no other bike and no further.

this is a rad thread, cant believe i never saw it before :)

this is a Bridgestone RB-1 i have been restoring (1988 i think?), she rides like a dream :) 8 Speed Campag Vento's with 7 Speed Dura Ace RD on friction. Zeus pedals with Christophe toe clips. lots of fun!

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/251849804132730412_YU0idwIF_c.jpg

this is a rad thread, cant believe i never saw it before smile.png

this is a Bridgestone RB-1 i have been restoring (1988 i think?), she rides like a dream smile.png 8 Speed Campag Vento's with 7 Speed Dura Ace RD on friction. Zeus pedals with Christophe toe clips. lots of fun!

That's beautiful.

this is a Bridgestone RB-1 i have been restoring (1988 i think?), she rides like a dream smile.png 8 Speed Campag Vento's with 7 Speed Dura Ace RD on friction. Zeus pedals with Christophe toe clips. lots of fun!

That's beautiful.

I've just picked up one of these. Completely original with 6 speed Shimano 105, Wolber rims, Biopace, the works. Needs some TLC as there are some scratches and a bit of rust. Also needs new bar tape and new cables. Was toying with the idea of turning it into a SS/fixie type ride, but with all the original parts including the saddle and some period Shimano 600 pedals, i think it would be better as a restoration.

Nice!!! I like my Bridgestones

I've just picked up one of these. Completely original with 6 speed Shimano 105, Wolber rims, Biopace, the works. Needs some TLC as there are some scratches and a bit of rust. Also needs new bar tape and new cables. Was toying with the idea of turning it into a SS/fixie type ride, but with all the original parts including the saddle and some period Shimano 600 pedals, i think it would be better as a restoration.

epic!! those are some decent parts!! yeah restoration sounds much better :) busy building an old Alpina into fixie, will post a pic of another fixie i finished a while back shortly :)

meet Spartacus :) not sure what frame it is, i think it could be an Alpina? 100% track frame with horizontal drop outs and no water bottle cage bolts, toooo much fun. She is my commuter , hence the narrow bars (which is actually a seat post with a shim :) ), fits really nicely between the cars as my shoulders are above the rooves of the cars. used vinyl for the colour wrapping and then clear coated over it.

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/251849804132650962_QV93qDzw_c.jpg

Here's some quick pics of mine. As you can see, has seen better days. The pedals have been changed to Shimano 600 with toe clips.post-1186-13511719873047.jpgpost-1186-13511720008503.jpgpost-1186-13511720130381.jpg

definitely worth a restore :) those parts are great, i considered repsraying mine to a different original Bridgestone colour scheme but decided to keep the blue, if there is too many nick's on yours maybe a respray is an option?

definitely worth a restore :) those parts are great, i considered repsraying mine to a different original Bridgestone colour scheme but decided to keep the blue, if there is too many nick's on yours maybe a respray is an option?

I thought so too. I need to strip it down to the frame only and then go over the frame with polish. I'll see what needs to be done after that.

It rides really well.