Steyn tests positive

splat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news: Sunday's race has been reduced to 80km. should be enough of a doddle so as to enable you to only take a quarter of a bottle a day. Think of all the moola you can save this week!

now I feel bad because I'm only doing a 30km MTB race. smiley9.gif

Im really surprised to read what he tested positive from I thought he' date=' along with the remaining cricket team would be positive on cream pies and donuts.... [/quote']

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahaha LOL if there was a pic of a smiley roling on the floor i would have used it lol. That is the funniest post i have seen u post dude, hi-five.

Heard that Biff (smith) and kallis had a boat race 2c who would face first ball in the t20 world cup. . . . . . . first to finish 3 big macs. . . . . . apprently Biff choked hahaha

I hope this doesnt get to much Media attension' date=' I meen Its pretty obvious he was trying to recover/get over Injury (his ways were questionable) but I meen its not like he was taking "performance enhancing drugs" or would morphene be one? If anything I would think It might make him bat worse..

[/quote']

There's more to doping that just 'performance enhancement'.  There is obviously a reason why morphine is banned, hence it being on the banned list.  He should have known better but he took it, he tested positive, he must be punished accordingly.

Wtf? All he needs to do is run and throw his ball at some guy with a stick. Since when do you need pills to do that?

Archers and golfers also dope and they don't even need to run.  Oh, but wait, according to the general public only cyclists dope.  Wink

I hope this doesnt get to much Media attension' date=' I meen Its pretty obvious he was trying to recover/get over Injury (his ways were questionable) but I meen its not like he was taking "performance enhancing drugs" or would morphene be one? If anything I would think It might make him bat worse..

[/quote']

There's more to doping that just 'performance enhancement'.  There is obviously a reason why morphine is banned, hence it being on the banned list.  He should have known better but he took it, he tested positive, he must be punished accordingly.

fair enough.. I should sharpen up my doping talkWink

I agree...its a storm in a tea cup....not even worth discussing Dead 

and if memory serves me right' date=' he also suffers from sinusitus...and I know how many myprodols you need for those migraines DeadDead you just do what you have to do to make the pain go away...trust me !!
[/quote']

Sorry PI......BAD argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry

Like with SOOOOOO other doping threads here.....if you are sick and have to take medicine that is not allowed, STEP OUT OF THE SPORT AND GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are NOT allowed to cheat.  Period.

This looser wanted to get 'better' faster than your honorable sportsman will be able to, taking "WADA approved" medicine.

No shortcuts allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He gets paid millions and should be able to read or hire someone to read for him what he can take and what not.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, yes?

There are cough medicine that would clear my chest in NO TIME.....but I am not allowed to take it and up till now am battling a week long with this damn flu!  Angry

BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your misdirected anger towards me....I'm sure I do deserve it somehow....Angry

again it was no argument....!! it was a hypothetical statement....

I'm sure he would have been able to get out of his contractual agreement for the IPL....so again....Spinnekop, the dude did what he had to do to get relief for this pain to enable him to fulfill his contract....and it has nothing to do with YOUR flu-issues.

Ag no man, get real

But Owen Hannie also used pain killers and stuff to help speed up his healing when he broke his collarbone not to help him ride faster/better.

the dude did what he had to do to get relief for this pain to enable him to fulfill his contract.

So did my team mate.

So did Pantani

So did Chicken

So did..........pick a name from the many just this past year.....

They all cheated.  Did not follow the rules.  Not matter WHAT the reason for their actions are.  Get better.....'fulfill a contract'........win.......whateva.

And you know what....he will not get 2 years like cyclists do.....because he is playing one of the sport gods called cricket..........

Sorry if it seemed my anger was directed at you......was not intended.....just seems strange that you come over as having compassion/understanding for what this fraud did..........Confused

in the case of golfers and archers, the levels of concentration are so high, that they take serious stuff to keep them mentally alert.

Guest colonel

?

So did my team mate.

All cheated.? Did not follow the rules.? Not matter WHAT the reason for their actions are.?

Not an attack Spinnekop but only if you had that view when he was bust. But Im glad you see it the right way now. smiley32.gif

[

So did my team mate... ???

So did Pantani ... never tested +

So did Chicken ... never tested +

Shocked

Guest colonel

[
?

So did my team mate... ???

So did Pantani ... never tested +

So did Chicken ... never tested +

Shocked