Steyn tests positive

splat

Phew' date=' for a moment I thought they caught Steyn Devolder for doping!!!!!!!  Glad to hear it's just a cricketplayer![/quote']

stijn? steyn? dunno...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thats all over now lets move onto the pie eater who has a morphine addiction.
What does ewep have to do with this ? Confused

A mate in Durban mentioned that watching the cricket was the only acceptable time to stand up and scream "Come Steyn!!!"

Phew' date=' for a moment I thought they caught Steyn Devolder for doping!!!!!!!  Glad to hear it's just a cricketplayer![/quote']

stijn? steyn? dunno...
Having a pedantic afternoon are we?

...and remember Hubbers aren't known for their spelling (me included).  Plus I said 'for a moment'!

stijn? steyn? dunno...

Having a pedantic afternoon are we?

Nah, a guinness soaked one...

You don't just take morphine. That's a highly categorised drug. As far as I know it has to be administered intravenously. So they should also question the team doctor and management about this.

Finally' date=' some light being shed on doping in other sports. Cycling is at least trying to do something about it... Wonder when proper testing will take place in rugby. No way those guys get like that from eating Pronutro...

[/quote']

I'm with you and Spinnekop here.  Morphine is not an over-the-counter mistake.

Steyn has a team doctor, and he's paid to know all the rules (when I go to the GP, the GP gets a headache.)

If it's that serious, Steyn should not have played.  He should have taken two weeks off, and used the WADA out-of-competition stuff.

Doping at Olympics 2008 was certainly not just cycling.

If you read some of the research into doping in closed sports (non-Olympic, non-WADA) it's quite scary.

But then, cricket is strongly objecting the whereabouts system, just like soccer...

Guest colonel

With the SA cricket team the where abouts are easy:

1) The pub-more than likely Billy the Bums

2) The donut shop

3) The pie shop

4) The dagga mert.

You don't just take morphine. That's a highly categorised drug. As far as I know it has to be administered intravenously. So they should also question the team doctor and management about this.

Finally' date=' some light being shed on doping in other sports. Cycling is at least trying to do something about it... Wonder when proper testing will take place in rugby. No way those guys get like that from eating Pronutro...

[/quote']

Steyn has a team doctor, and he's paid to know all the rules (when I go to the GP, the GP gets a headache.)

If it's that serious, Steyn should not have played.  He should have taken two weeks off, and used the WADA out-of-competition stuff.

If you read some of the research into doping in closed sports (non-Olympic, non-WADA) it's quite scary.

But then, cricket is strongly objecting the whereabouts system, just like soccer...

He took codeine (a weak opioid readily available), not morphine. Codeine is broken down to morphine in the body!

You all are missing the point here!! He is a Protea so de facto an honest mistake and not guilty! God help this thread if it had been Mitchell Johnson hey???!!

Remember that something like cortisone is banned in cycling IN COMPETITION.  The reason for that is to protect riders from aggrivating an already existing injury.  Imagine if they had to do that in rugby.  The guys basically have to take a cortizone shot before running onto the field!!!

[/quote']

He took codeine (a weak opioid readily available), not morphine. Codeine is broken down to morphine in the body!

... and according to an interview on the radio this morning, codeine is not an ICC banned substance.

Guest colonel

WH: The SA cricket DO NOT RUN ON THE FIELD they walk on otherwise they will pull a fat.