Steyn tests positive

splat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't just take morphine. That's a highly categorised drug. As far as I know it has to be administered intravenously. So they should also question the team doctor and management about this.

Finally, some light being shed on doping in other sports. Cycling is at least trying to do something about it... Wonder when proper testing will take place in rugby. No way those guys get like that from eating Pronutro...

So did my team mate.

All cheated.  Did not follow the rules.  Not matter WHAT the reason for their actions are. 

Not an attack Spinnekop but only if you had that view when he was bust. But Im glad you see it the right way now. smiley32.gif

Colonel, don't go there.  After all I have no idea what really happened, and it has nothing to do with me.

Embarrassed
KonaFan2009-08-11 06:18:52

Guest colonel

I would go with swimming next....

Oh, its creatine that makes rugby players so big I remember Percy saying it so it must be true. Imagine how much Breyton took when he went from 60kg under 10sec sprinter to a 85kg still under 10sec sprinter in 4months.

I would go with swimming next....

Oh' date=' its creatine that makes rugby players so big I remember Percy saying it so it must be true. Imagine how much Breyton took when he went from 60kg under 10sec sprinter to a 85kg still under 10sec sprinter in 4months.[/quote']

funny thing, dope in sport.  THey have even done dope tests in chess (of all things).  It seems that tehre are mind improving drugs and even more scarry is that chess players use drugs to calm their nerves, normally just before time trouble.  (Alcohol, dagga and nicotene).

Guest colonel

?

So did my team mate.
All cheated.? Did not follow the rules.? Not matter WHAT the reason for their actions are.?
Not an attack Spinnekop but only if you had that view when he was bust. But Im glad you see it the right way now. smiley32.gif

Colonel' date=' don't go there.? After all?I have no idea what really happened, and it has nothing to do with me.

?

Embarrassed
[/quote']

You 100% its the same topic as the AC beat I mean VS LA thread.

So did my team mate.

All cheated.  Did not follow the rules.  Not matter WHAT the reason for their actions are. 

I don't want to drag this one up again but I think if you check back through the records you will find that Spinnekop did make a statement at the time condemming what his (our) team mate did and mentioned that he wouldn't be welcome back. Serveral other team members also made similar statements and you may have noticed that the person concerned has not come back to the club or team since his ban expired.

Nope, they are all over on the Girls & Balls...Girls & pads...Girls & Bats thread!

To think.....

?

Somewhere on the interwebs there will be a cricket forum having a muur of a fight about this dude........ClapClapClapClapClapClap

?

BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was the bok player who had chest or lung or pulmonary problems just before world cup? All sorts of smoke and mirror stories there.

Hardly any of the other sports ever test positive. Positives in athletics comes in waves. There is the odd story about baseball doping. Allegations about doping in golf were quickly squashed.

Imagine the massive fall outs from all sides if the same anti doping measures were imposed. I reckon all the other sports are just hiding behind the big stories in cycling as that's where the attention is being focused.

Guest colonel

Splat or the cocaine problem in Womens tennis a few years ago. Squashed flat very quick.

Guest colonel

?

So did my team mate.
All cheated.? Did not follow the rules.? Not matter WHAT the reason for their actions are.?

?

I don't want to drag this one up again but I think if you check back through the records you will find that Spinnekop did make a statement at the time condemming what his (our) team mate did and mentioned that he wouldn't be welcome back. Serveral other team members also made similar statements and you may have noticed that the person concerned has not come back to the club or team since his ban expired.

?

Ok cool. As I said it wasnt an attack more of a applaud.

So did my team mate.

Unfortunately, before the condemnation of said "team mate", there was the attempted cover-up, denial, and verbal abuse.  AngryOuch

I hope this doesnt get to much Media attension' date=' I meen Its pretty obvious he was trying to recover/get over Injury (his ways were questionable) but I meen its not like he was taking "performance enhancing drugs" or would morphene be one? If anything I would think It might make him bat worse..

[/quote']

So.... He couldn't play injured, so he took some painkiller so he could play... isn't that in essence "enhancing his performance"...?  

Not by Spinnekop or me or most other club/team members. The only abuse I remember was aimed at those wrongly assuming that just because one member of a club did something stupid all members were doing the same.

Phew, for a moment I thought they caught Steyn Devolder for doping!!!!!!!  Glad to hear it's just a cricketplayer!

Guest colonel

Ok thats all over now lets move onto the pie eater who has a morphine addiction.