The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capt. Fantastic also join the FB group 'Mountainbikers do it downhill'.

Im up in Joburg too, and most of the ride news is posted on there before the weekends rides.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at buying a Marzocchi 888 RCV 2009 model.

Anybody out there that could tell me if they are any good or not?

Searched the internet on got mixed reviews so any help would be appreciated :thumbup:

Capricorn swears by his...

i do, but not quite the same fork.

I'd say mixed reviews will be exactly what you gonna get. The marzos in the years spanning 2008 - 2009 were not exactly top notch. I had a 2007 66 bomber that was in absolutely mint condition,and performed flawlessly. Still does afaik.

I now have a 2010 marzo that's also performed brilliantly. Had a couple of hiccups, but what fork doesnt. It was nothing unusual. Bushings are not suffering the slop that plagued marzos in that dark age betweeen 2008 and 2009.

but, you are Extremely fortunate to have the official marzo service rep almost on your doorstep: Johan Bornman. He's worked on my marzo too, and no complaints from me.

Edited by Capricorn

Thanks for the replies :thumbup:

I'm currenlty running a 66 ATA 2008 with the little red dot in the arch an have nothing but good to say about this fork. I have put this poor fork through the ringer(DJ and DH) and so far not a single weap of oil nor any play.

Edited by missionS

Just found this vid.... Absolutely epic riding, and some SICK looking trails. I want me some of them trails right here!

I dig the one quote as well... "you build a berm, and I WILL break it"

Truly one of the best amateur vids I've seen.

My link

Just found this vid.... Absolutely epic riding, and some SICK looking trails. I want me some of them trails right here!

I dig the one quote as well... "you build a berm, and I WILL break it"

Truly one of the best amateur vids I've seen.

My link

I get star trek clips if i click on your link.

that's my very first Coastal Crew vid, and the original has a different soundtrack. But the riding is just flippin epic, and how far have they come, from this vid, to

The Coastal Crew webisodes

Dylan Dunkerton Winter romp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbASeKoV98

a bunch of smaller but unserialized webisodes

to finally, their movie, Inside Out, of which the trailer is just of the sickest riding vids out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V1ctOzMuVU

Pretty sure i started a Coastal Crew thread cos those guys are a subject all on their own.

Edited by Capricorn