NO NAME CARBON FRAMES

MeridaHFS

After TONS of research I ordered mine from e_baygoods straight of ebay. Figured out the supplier was flyxii.com and also trades on ebay as carbonrim

Paid R 5600 landed in PTA incl VAT, took 6 weeks to get here...

*Frame

*Fork

*Stem

*Handlebar

*Seat post

*Saddle

*Headset

*2 x bottle cages

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. Will post pics of the final build

What's the weight of this stuff like?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frame 1200g

Fork 380g

Seat post 260g

Handlebar 260g

Saddle 95g

Stem 150g

Cages 50g

Headset 110g

Total 2505g

Frame 1200g

Fork 380g

Seat post 260g

Handlebar 260g

Saddle 95g

Stem 150g

Cages 50g

Headset 110g

Total 2505g

been riding my 26er since 2008, not a single crack yet.

Only frame of mine that ever cracked was a cervelo.....

post-341-0-27266600-1332233356.jpg

Edited by RABUBI

I have three of these frames you can ask me

Maybe just me but that's just wrong ....... 'KTM' decals on a no name frame? *shakes head*

Maybe just me but that's just wrong ....... 'KTM' decals on a no name frame? *shakes head*

As long as its not punted as a "KTM Carbon" theres nothing wrong with that, its just a brand like any other, basically the same as people sticking redbull or montster stickers on their bikes (not that I would do that ever) but its just a brand like any other.

As long as its not punted as a "KTM Carbon" theres nothing wrong with that, its just a brand like any other, basically the same as people sticking redbull or montster stickers on their bikes (not that I would do that ever) but its just a brand like any other.

I have a slightly different opinion but I let it slide ;)

I have a slightly different opinion but I let it slide ;)

I understand where you comming from ;)

what peevs me off is the minute you mention the word "tri" the price immediately goes up by 200 dollars :cursing:

Look better than 'blank' don't you think??

Look better than 'blank' don't you think??

Yip but 'passing' it off as an established bike brand *not cool* - but like I said that's my take on it!

Yip but 'passing' it off as an established bike brand *not cool* - but like I said that's my take on it!

Yes , Like someone 'passing' themselves off mtb'ers :whistling:

Why doesn't anyone sell a blank Ibis mojo Sl frame? Thats one thing i'd be tempted by.

I brought a non-name brand carbon HT frame which was freshly branded by people starting their own brand here...It felt great until it broke in three places on a fairly chilled bit of the spruit...not very demanding...They did replace it and it was then all good but never felt quite so sure about bailing with carbon under me. From now on its Alu for mountain toys.

Edited by Palaeodom

I see lots of confidence in hardtails etc for the frames from overseas. I am busy with a build of a hardtail 29er myslef so I think I may just go this route. Questions I have wrt the other areas are full suspension frames - does anyone have any idea where you could source one of tose. These guys cant do hardtails alone?

I see lots of confidence in hardtails etc for the frames from overseas. I am busy with a build of a hardtail 29er myslef so I think I may just go this route. Questions I have wrt the other areas are full suspension frames - does anyone have any idea where you could source one of tose. These guys cant do hardtails alone?

I did quite alot of research myself and could only find alu 29er dual sussers

Yes , Like someone 'passing' themselves off mtb'ers :whistling:

I gave my opinion, use it or don't. I don't give a rats a$$ either way.