Who has the best MTB on hub

reubz

IMO

Best XC HT: Scott Scale

Best XC FS: Giant Anthem

Best Trail: Ibis Mojo

Best Light AM: Ibis Mojo

Best Hard AM: Morewood Shova or Mbuzi

Haven't spend enough time on anything bigger than that to give an opinion.

Having said that, one cannot discount bikes like Whyte's E-120, SC's Nomad / Heckler / Blur LT, Titus Racer-X / El Guappo, Yeti 575...there are so many good bikes out there.

Suppose that's why the question is who's got the best bike ON THE HUB. But to answer that you have to go back to WvdM q: in which category?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i concur' date=' carbon frames you break like twice a year if youre a hard rider[/quote']

I agree, my bro-inlaw had the Raleigh Rm 8.0, he's a well above average rider, snapped his frame some time last year

So far I've been doing with the Mbuzi what I did with my CARBON mojo SL. Yeah, I can hit the drops and jumps harder and the slacker geo helps, but my Mojo lasted just fine...longer than my bud's Alu AM bike. And 99% of the time we ride together and hit the same jumps and trails and drops.

As long as you buy a decent Carbon frame, use it for it's intended purpose and, most importantly, CAN RIDE A BIKE it'll last just as long as it's alu brother.

Are you still riding a 80's Corolla cause it's made of steel and steel is better than alu? Nope.

Anyway..I'll start a Shimano vs Campy thread for us to argue! smiley36.gif

i concur' date=' carbon frames you break like twice a year if youre a hard rider[/quote']

?

I agree, my bro-inlaw had the Raleigh Rm 8.0, he's?a well above average rider, snapped his frame some time last year

Ha, ha, ha, ha...me! me! me! I get to mail this post to Brendan! Ha, ha!

So far I've been doing with the Mbuzi what I did with my CARBON mojo SL. Yeah' date=' I can hit the drops and jumps harder and the slacker geo helps, but my Mojo lasted just fine...longer than my bud's Alu AM bike. And 99% of the time we ride together and hit the same jumps and trails and drops.

As long as you buy a decent Carbon frame, use it for it's intended purpose and, most importantly, CAN RIDE A BIKE it'll last just as long as it's alu brother.

Are you still riding a 80's Corolla cause it's made of steel and steel is better than alu? Nope.

Anyway..I'll start a Shimano vs Campy thread for us to argue! smiley36.gif [/quote']

Anybody can ride a bike, some people just need more practice

Let's rather ask:

?

WHO IS THE BEST MOUNTAIN BIKER ON THE HUB.....

Great, that ends my involvement with this thread! smiley19.gif

Let's rather ask:

WHO IS THE BEST MOUNTAIN BIKER ON THE HUB.....

I've only been riding for 2 and a half years and just recently started training during the week (riding to work and back), so I'm clearly not and faaaar from being the best MTBer