Feel like taking the bait?

Merlin

Perish the thought - I'm not better than anyone because I have a big car - I'm better than everyone else because I'm an over self opinionated git Big%20smile

Here's another thought - I wonder if in a trucking forum' date=' right now, someone is saying this: "those cars really piss me off - I think I'm going to start side swiping them and recording it with a bumper mounted camera"..."yeah those tiny little metal beetlesdon't undestand physics".

Don't forget - some days you're the pidgeon - some days you're the statue.

[/quote']

Maybe that is what the taxi opperators are doing today Big%20smile

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that is what the taxi opperators are doing today Big%20smile

Indeed - methinks soon it's going to be taxi versus bus and the cars will get off lightly...

Haha your safe - you do not have a BMW. haha no i mean only if you use it to show off and trying to get this image of "I am better that you 'cause i have a big car' ... but if you have a BMW ...watch out LOL

Perish the thought - I'm not better than anyone because I have a big car - I'm better than everyone else because I'm an over self opinionated git Big%20smile

Here's another thought - I wonder if in a trucking forum' date=' right now, someone is saying this: "those cars really piss me off - I think I'm going to start side swiping them and recording it with a bumper mounted camera"..."yeah those tiny little metal beetlesdon't undestand physics".

Don't forget - some days you're the pidgeon - some days you're the statue.

[/quote']

I suppose it is only fair to say that one topic of discussion in military tea rooms, is "how cars get crushed by military hardware".

seriously, during the "troubles" when the miltary had to move ratels, buffels, rooikats, UNimogs  and G6's around, there were a number of motorists that were a bit "arrogant".  Unfortunately visibility in a turret is not what it should be, and there were incidents.  I know of a number of my mates that did ride over cars that did not obey the rules and regulations of the road.  Nothing personal, just did not see it.

It's a German-import (LHD) FEB '67 w' factory sunroof.

I just got it properly back onto the road this weekend after nearly 3 years of work on it...it was a basketcase that lent itself to customizing' date=' so I took the opportunity and went bezerk.

Hacks off the neighbours, annoys the cr*p out of the cops, and I love it. :)

I have a lot more work planned for it, but it's a long down the pipeline as I have a big overseas trip planned for 2011 which is sucking up my cash, not to mention keeping my other heaps going. :o

Drop me a PM/email and I'll hook you up with some photo links.[/quote']

very nice! i approve! gotta get another beetle, after my '74 met his end in hazyview a while back smiley19.gif pm sent.

Thanks, HR. :)

Aaah, Hazyview is a stunning area.

Sorry to hear about your bug. :(

Sending links to you via PM.

I actually know a few few of the guys commenting on that thread,i have met them through the Speednsound industry in SA and at local events.

They never seemed like such pricks at the time though.

I wonder if they realise that most of us pay tax to be on the roads to as most cyclists have cars to.

I think we should have a track day one day cyclists vs pricks

10 laps on bicycle and then 10 laps in car and we see who has the fastest time after the 2 events.I bet i know who will win.Big%20smileWink

Its amazing how big & invicable a guy feels when he's in his car.

A couple of weeks ago we were pushed of the road & sworn at by a couple of jerks who then sped off like real men would.

Knowing reporting them to the revenue collectors would come to nought we traced them from the car reg. no. and paid them a visit one evening.

They went from big men to sniveling little boys in seconds, the satisfaction was well worth it !!!

Those fools are lame and should perhaps be excused for being mentally challenged? But if they are not mentally challenged I would like to add that together with all the other universal laws there is one with a twist that could be summed up in the eastern word Karma - What you send into the lives of others, comes back into the life of your own. In light of this perhaps unobserved law and their attitude/actions towards cyclists, I sincerely hope not one of them ever hit or kill a cyclist.  I also hope their kids never get run over by a car whilst playing  and cycling around. They may not have what it takes to bear the consequences.

Our wisdom comes from our experience, and our experience comes from our foolishness. - Sacha Guitry

What can I say, some learn the hard way.

There are a lot of hubbers with bicycles costing more than these idiot's cars. I saw a guy mention that we don't pay to use the road as cyclists, what a brainless statement! There must be a good reason why we are not members of such a pathetic, thoughtless, brainless bunch of idioms!!! smiley7.gif smiley36.gif

I have seen one of these guys on the road and knows where he lives. He just made the biggest mistake of his life posting all that crap on that forum. The wheels have already been set in motion.

DON'T feed the trolls.....they'll only come back for more!!

Me,? I only sat back and smiled.....Big%20smile

maybe we should also gooi a strike... we all get onto our cycles and drive at 10km/h down the N1 - using the whole road - from Pretoria Northern Suburbs all the way down to JHB?

Should not be to difficult to get clearance for this ..seeing everybody can strike these days LOL

Only problem is we'd get bored going so slow and start racing each otherWink

but with all the road-works going on ther will be plenty of diversion for the mountain bikers :)

When I read that thread I just wondered what's a "moran". Is that how a moron spells "moron"?

They have CAR forums?Why?Wink

because they are not allowed to access pedophile websites from work.

Although the reasoning ability of these kids seems to be pre school.

These are boys who like to type the words **** and exakertaly and think it somehow sets them apart from the rest of society.

Do these idiots think owning a car sets them apart. How do they think I get my bikes to the races? What about the fleet of bakkies I use on my farm? I pay road tax for each and every one of them.

Hey, I drive Nissan. I like talk about it you ****. I drop cogs. Me smash little bicycle.

Just a thought.

We all had a little fun trashing and baiting one another. Some statements were seriously daft. On both sides.

Problem is some of them have created perceptions and perhaps given others ideas on how to solve "these problems."

Freedom of speech is one thing and we can argie all we like that most of it was tongue in cheek, but, it still plants seeds of dubt.

With great freedom, come great reposnsibility. We all need to accept resposibility for the things we do wrong and rectify them. We do not need to hurl bricks at one another and call it fun, because even in jest, there is much truth.

Assuming, for the sake of argument, the "wheels that are set in motion" to visit one of the motorists, fallof and someone is badly hurt. A smart lawyer could find this information and it could be used in court.

We all know that not all cyclists are loons and not all motorists are morons.

Getting into it solves nothing and probably just causes more tension between cyclists and motorists.

So for my part in the TIC mud slinging, it seemed like fun at the time, but in truth, I have no illusions that it did nothing to improve relations between both forms of road users.

So, herewith my public appology for getting carried away in the moment. It was fun while it lasted, but was it really worth it.

I have my doubts.