National seeding index UPDATED !!!

limosine

surely the 2009 argus seeding carries a different weighting due to the conditions on the day?

Everyone rode in the same conditions.

I am happy its been updated

Unhappy that it takes such a looooooong time to get this whole seeding this sorted. Been at it for 8 months now, and still sitting at 18. whateverEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

At least I can say I have progressed from "E" at the Fast 1, to "A" in last 2 races. Fact that there is still 340+, 40-44yrs old in front of me, irks me big time.

Hopefully after Carousel and LC has been added, it will only be 200+.WinkWink

Getting your seeding sorted is more hard work than most races Cry

Dear Hubbers,

We are sure that you are all happy to see that the SuperSeeding Ladder has been updated.

Although we try our best to help you improve throughout the sport, we are not responsible for the timing of races and the results. Even though the results may appear on the relative timing company?s website, this does not mean that the results have been finalised! It does take some time for the timing companies to deal with all queries and sort all the data. Only once the data has been finalised and confirmed by all parties, are the results sent through to us to load.

It is not a simple copy and paste process from 1 website to another. Some events can take longer than others to show, as with the Argus. This is due to circumstances out of our control. Please also remember that races such as the Powerade Lost City Cycling Classic & the Sungardens Carousel are far too recent ? as mentioned in the SuperSeeding criteria, it takes a minimum of a month after the race has happened.

Super Seeding Ladder Criteria:

Any race will be used provided it falls into the set criteria.

1.     The race must be 90km or longer.

2.     The race must be Chip Timed.

3.     The race must have a minimum of 850 finishers or at least 2 of the professional teams (min. 5 riders per team) participating in the event.

4.     The details of each rider must accompany the time especially the ID no.

5.     Results will be added 1 month after completion of the race. (Providing the data is correct).

6.     Races will be taken off the SSL as soon as the next year?s event has been loaded (or a year has past), except for the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour results that will stay on for two seasons.

Please also remember, that we Cycle Events, have nothing to do with the 94.7 Cycle Challenge and/or Argus Cycle Tour seedings ? any such queries must be directed to their respective offices.

Trusting this sheds some light on the topic.

Yours in cycling,

Cycle Events

surely the 2009 argus seeding carries a different weighting due to the conditions on the day?

Everyone rode in the same conditions.

I don't see why they should have to weight the index because of the weather.

A person's index is based on his/her finishing time in relation the the winner's time. Everybody rode the same route in the same weather conditions and everybody suffered the same.(except those that didn't train enough)

But then again, this is the PPA and everything is done to suit the WP riders.

Im going to have to do some road races to Up my seeding..

I started In E this year, finished among D's and some C's but My seeding is G  ?? go figure.. My mtb races dont "weigh" enough.