Polar - Service

FanieFiets

Can understand your frustration - it would make me feel better if this happened to me and I could bliksem someone .. even if it was not their fault.

Nee man Fanie, weet dis nie lekker nie, maar jy is dalk bietjie hard op Polar hierso?

Jy kan dalk se^ hul is nie ingelig oor wat on SAPO aangaan nie, maar hul diens was altyd baie perfek en hul gee altyd meer as wat mens voor vra, sonder om jou meer te laat betaal.

I don't think its wise to send anything of value with the SAPO. Use DHL or any other private courier. Amazon refuses to deliver to SA due to the high rate of parcel theft.

But you really shouldn't blame POLAR for the SAPO strike. Their service has been really great.

I had bad service from polar a while back. Was going to Jhb on business. Took my watch with me & dropped it off on the Monday.

I tell them that I am from CT and will be going back Thursday PM. They told me it would be ready by the Thursday.

I arrive at 9:05 to collect. Not ready. I explain that I am returning to CT that afternoon and get told - tough luck buddy - it's in the queue - no exceptions.

Thursday meant "17:00 Thursday" according to the receptionist. Maybe the lady was having an uncharacteristicly bad day but I was not happy with the attitude.

Anyway, finally got the watch then following Wednesday.

Also had all sorts of problem with a brand new power sensor and they simply were out of their depth. After telling me for ages that there was nothing wrong with it they finally replaced the sensor at the Argus expo. That was also only after I pointed them to about 50 million postings on the internet relating to the same issue. After the replacement it worked fine.

But that is not to say they are any worse/better than the rest.

Had a problem with a brand new Hyundai Tucson that would start and then stall immediately. I'd have to wait about 5 minutes before it would start again. This would only happen in "spurts" i.e. it would be fine for weeks and then for a few days every other time that I turned the ignition it would stall.

Took me forever to get them to believe me. In fact they never admitted that there was a problem but after a service one day it never happened again.

I've had nothing but excellent service from Polar. I sent them my 725X which was about 1 1/2 years old because the digits were becoming faint, they sent me back the brand new model! On other occasions they have replaced the face of my watches for free.

Polar is one product that I will not buy from overseas because the local agents deserve the business.

Also had excellent service, only problem is to get to them in Midrand on a Friday afternoon. Traffic in Midrand sucks.AngryAngry<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My 2c...

I've been a Polar fan for years - service has always been top notch (albeit insanely expensive).

Recently, however, I've noticed a move from "repair" to "replace" - perhaps they have just got to busy but lately they only replace stuff with little or no investigation. And replacing Polar anything is sphincter tightening stuff in terms of cash outlay.

The servie is still good though in terms of timing, delivery  and promises being kept.

Always had excellent service with polar. I ship my stuff up, they check it out and replace free of charge, regardless of how old it is and ship it back to me at their cost. As for the post office, they will deliver, but it will be a couple of days late.

aaai fanie change your own battery its easy peasy i did it !!!

but i would give you even better advice by a Garmin WinkWink much better service !!!

When is the strike over?

The strike was meant to be over when a deal was struck last week, however some confusiuon came in when union members claimed not to have been consultated and are still on strike. I guess no one will know for certain until its been resolved.