Wake up call - Always wear a helmet!!

Putty

Hello everyone. I just wanted to remind EVERYBODY on the importance of wearing a helmet when riding. Not that everyone needs it but before 1 person thinks its "cool" to ride without a helmet he may think again.

This morning on my training ride with my mate on the quietest part of our route, he was hit by a car. It wasn't that we couldn't see the car either. We were coming into a circle but this guy was flying and we swerved out of his way but my mate got hit from the side. I saw him fly through the air like a rag doll and land on his head. Now not all stories end this well involving cars but thank God he is okay and after scans and X-Rays he is all okay. Bruised and roasties but thats it.

His helmet is broken obviously but without that on I'm sure it would have been a very different story.

Remember R10 head R10 helmet.......Sounds lame but not as lame as the consequences!!!!

ALWAYS RIDE WITH A HELMET ON PLEASE!!!!!

Sheeeeeeeezzz, glad he is ok!!!!

I also fell with my MTB going down a rocky single track, hitting a sharp rock and punctured my Front Wheel and flew off, my head hit a rock and BUSTED my helmet...no helmet, no ride, no head...

Hells bells!!!! Glad your bud is ok. Did the motorist stop and offer his help or not?

Yip he did. We live in Dubai so its very different here. Have strict laws so he would never have got away with it but he says he just never saw us. Both riding with 2 lights on, I had a bright orange shirt and it was light. Just shows you how easy it happens.

Glad he's okay too thanks.

Glad to hear he is ok,and well said.Too many people ask for a cheap helmet ,yet ride a R15000 bike.What i am saying is,get something decent!

Glad to hear he is ok' date='and well said.Too many people ask for a cheap helmet ,yet ride a R15000 bike.What i am saying is,get something decent!

[/quote']

Glad he is OK.

My LBS (like many others) refuses to sell cheap helmets. Thumbs%20Up Its the one of the biggest grudge purchases until you need it.

Glad to hear he is ok' date='and well said.Too many people ask for a cheap helmet ,yet ride a R15000 bike.What i am saying is,get something decent!

[/quote']

Glad he is OK.

My LBS (like many others) refuses to sell cheap helmets. Thumbs%20Up Its the one of the biggest grudge purchases until you need it.

Good for them but at the end of the day, we should not want to buy a cheap helmet anyway!!! You just gotta see a helmet after its been smacked and you'll know why.

Now gonna buy his new helmet (and bike) and get him back on the bike for his Epic training Big%20smile

[/quote']

Glad he is OK.

Good for them but at the end of the day, we should not want to buy a cheap helmet anyway!!! You just gotta see a helmet after its been smacked and you'll know why.

Now gonna buy his new helmet (and bike) and get him back on the bike for his Epic training Big%20smile

My previous bike I purchased 10yrs back (GAME crap) I got a helmet for R20 randts, when I got my bike in March I was shocked to see it was R600 randts for an entry level helmet.

I was tempted to go cheap but that is when sanity hit me and I remembered why I was wearing a good full face helmet on my motorbike ... it was the pre & post accident shots Ouch

A good full face helmet didnt help me when i had a motorbike crash, did a lot of damage to my face 250 sticthes worth Ouch. But i agree stay away from game specialsBig%20smile

A good full face helmet didnt help me when i had a motorbike crash' date=' did a lot of damage to my face 250 sticthes worth Ouch. [/quote']

meybe without the helmet it wouldn't have been necessary for any stitches. Dead

A good full face helmet didnt help me when i had a motorbike crash' date=' did a lot of damage to my face 250 sticthes worth Ouch. [/quote']

meybe without the helmet it wouldn't have been necessary for any stitches. Dead

Shoulder took the brunt of the impact hence bionic armLOL

Yo Boet, How is G doing today?

Tell him there are easier and less painfull ways to get a new bike. Wink

Gnarly2009-09-13 23:36:33