can u believe this

chucky

I think to close this discussion/arguement we can all take the following valuable information home:

1. Convert from Marie biscuits to Oreo's (Road to MTB). It is a lot safer and much more fun

2. Don't crap on someone else's property

3. Don't ride with 3 or 4 breasts

4. Keep left, get "run over" right

5. Join the Scorpion legal aid now! (Don't talk to me, talk to my lawyer)

6. Rambo is ALIVE!!!!!

7. Don't lie (GaspingWink)

8. Barbie is friendlier than Ken

9. Don't Forget to "MOOOOO" when prodded

10. Peace  - Go Chucky!!!!!!!

Over and Out!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda my point Tarboy. The "victims" are in fact a rumour at this time. They are not real until they raise there hands and give their story.

So it's no different from the "rumor" started about a Pakistani shopkeeper that results in a mob burning his shop down?

You call that inciting email on page 1 a "rumour".....?????? Ken admits to it and later on his buddy as well on his behalf!!!!!!
Big H2009-09-19 03:25:44

Yeah, good point Big H ... an off-handed comment about already having run down 2 cyclists is most definitely cold hard fact.

</sarcasm>

So, who are these 2 that were so brutally run down, does anyone know them ... does anyone OF them ... hell, come to think of it, does anyone know if the claim is indeed true. I reckon the answer is NO to all 3 questions.

So, until there is actually any truth to the claim (it seems he was just blowing off steam for one reason or other), it's probably best to not go and assume that everything you read on the internet is true, and not go and stir up all sorts of trouble based on hearsay.

Buuut, then again, I guess it's already too late to request such levelheadedness, now is it!? If I take the way the lot of you (a few exceptions, of course) have behaved in this thread, is it so surprising that the residents of the Cradle area are so upset about the way cyclists behave on the roads?

I don't think so, reading this thread makes it quite easy to understand the standpoint of those people. Hell, it makes it easy to understand the animosity of the public towards cyclists in general.

Yeah' date=' good point Big H ... an off-handed comment about already having run down 2 cyclists is most definitely cold hard fact. </sarcasm>So, who are these 2 that were so brutally run down, does anyone know them ... does anyone OF them ... hell, come to think of it, does anyone know if the claim is indeed true. I reckon the answer is NO to all 3 questions. So, until there is actually any truth to the claim (it seems he was just blowing off steam for one reason or other), it's probably best to not go and assume that everything you read on the internet is true, and not go and stir up all sorts of trouble based on hearsay. Buuut, then again, I guess it's already too late to request such levelheadedness, now is it!? If I take the way the lot of you (a few exceptions, of course) have behaved in this thread, is it so surprising that the residents of the Cradle area are so upset about the way cyclists behave on the roads?I don't think so, reading this thread makes it quite easy to understand the standpoint of those people. Hell, it makes it easy to understand the animosity of the public towards cyclists in general.[/quote']

great post. but it's more about the animosity of people towards people. we organise in groups only when we're angry enough to try and find some outlet for our hatred. this is what nazism was about. this is why the current jihad is so successful. this is what xenophobia is about. this is pathetic. i am a cyclist. i am not part of some cycling community. i have friends who cycle. i want no part of this.   holy roller2009-09-19 21:01:15

Big H - Yes most certainly it's a rumor. I could have faked that exact mail in 2 minutes - with your name as the sender. Email is rubbish - its plain text.

Ok - so then the oke says he did it. But what if he is talking BS. Too late - the mob is on the way. 

Ok, I only read this whole thread now...well not all of it, in fact I skipped a lot so hope I'm not repeating anything. But to me it seems like we're giving this guy waaaay too much attention...clearly thats what he wants...I mean who goes onto a cycling forum and belittles cyclists, sounds like a sad old man to me...probly child issues...maybe an orphan or sumthin...who knows.

Yeah' date=' good point Big H ... an off-handed comment about already having run down 2 cyclists is most definitely cold hard fact. </sarcasm>So, who are these 2 that were so brutally run down, does anyone know them ... does anyone OF them ... hell, come to think of it, does anyone know if the claim is indeed true. I reckon the answer is NO to all 3 questions. So, until there is actually any truth to the claim (it seems he was just blowing off steam for one reason or other), it's probably best to not go and assume that everything you read on the internet is true, and not go and stir up all sorts of trouble based on hearsay. Buuut, then again, I guess it's already too late to request such levelheadedness, now is it!? If I take the way the lot of you (a few exceptions, of course) have behaved in this thread, is it so surprising that the residents of the Cradle area are so upset about the way cyclists behave on the roads?I don't think so, reading this thread makes it quite easy to understand the standpoint of those people. Hell, it makes it easy to understand the animosity of the public towards cyclists in general.[/quote']

great post. but it's more about the animosity of people towards people. we organise in groups only when we're angry enough to try and find some outlet for our hatred. this is what nazism was about. this is why the current jihad is so successful. this is what xenophobia is about. this is pathetic. i am a cyclist. i am not part of some cycling community. i have friends who cycle. i want no part of this.   

these two posts must have been posted on the wrong the thread. they are way to level headed and full of common sense to actually belong on here. must be a mistake.

Cradle area. Interesting, our races EPR, WILRO go through that area, and a couple of years ago 2 cyclists were knocked off their bicycles and seriously injured(I think).... HMMM Ken, a bit dangerous to put info like that public.

Well I do appologise to Ken after seeing what they must be going though every weekend.

I was going up Muldersdrift while the group from the human powered vehicle experiment facility club was comming down. They were 4-5 abreast and even if those that were not, were still in the middle of the road. Cars were backing up behind them and a Taxi even got fed up and overtook them on the solid white line around a bend putting my life in danger. On the Lion and Rhino park section I saw some other riders riding 3 abreast and car hooting from about 100m away. I looked back to see if the riders are doing anything and they just held their formation. There were a lot of other riders that did not do anything wrong and they, and me, will the ones also getting blamed for the actions of the majority.

can anybody send him spam or maybe a virus.

I'm tempted to do this LOL I'll create a new email account on my hosted domain and then spam the crap out him. I'll just change the meta information in the headers to come from his own email address LOL LOL LOL LOL

You know this is still trace able via the SMTP server logs.

I was going to set-up a DOS like attack on his web site, this would have worked really, really well if hosted in SA where it would have pushed his bandwidth usage through the roof, however it was not to be. Big%20smile

However a script posting to his contact form (on his web site) via an annonymous proxy would be pretty tough to trace. Evil%20Smile

Interesting to see how many Hubbers walk (cycle????) around with telephone poles in their eyes while trying to remove the toothpick from other Hubbers eyes.

Maybe the telephone pole impairs their vision so much that they cannot see they are using the whole road whilst cycling. My person that lives in the cradle also reports a group in red kit that uses the whole road whilst cycling, other than MTN whose yellow kit makes them easily identifyable. I am eagerly awaiting pictures of offending cyclists from him!!!!!! I also asked him to be on the lookout for a team that has polka dots on their team kit.
Big H2009-09-21 00:49:58

Thank goddess I ride a mountain bike 

Exactly what I was thinking.

Claiming to be a "peacefull" mountainbiker and then planning to spam the living shyte out of Ken doesn not make a very credible mountainbiker out of you. 

I can't help wondering how this conversation would have gone if the cradle residents and cyclists were in a room face to face. Rather differently I expect... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Way more "I'm sorry guys - I'll try and ride safer" & "yes we over reacted - we welcome your tourism money to our area" and way less "I have a 13 inch falous and will kick your ass" & "I'll keep running cyclists down until they leave our area".

Gotta love human nature - we are at our bravest when we are shrouded in anonymity.

110% Eldron...

pfffffffft! this from the man who makes thrreats to his fellow hubbers, but can't carry though with them on the trails... smiley17.gif