Unicycling Workshop, Cape Town ...

JohnnyReggae

Posting this to gauge interest in people wanting to attend a Unicycling workshop to learn how to ride a unicycle.

Myself and the others that I ride with have been noticing an increase in interest from people about unicycling, and figure that a workshop would be a great idea to get a larger group of interested people together to give them a chance to unicycle.

The idea is to hold it on a weekend, probably a Saturday or Sunday morning for a few hours. Enough to try out a few different unicycles and even get riding. We have a range of unicycle sizes and numbers between us to give everyone a go.

If you're keen, post to this thread and depending on numbers of interested people I'll arrange something.

Depending on cash flow' date=' I would be really interested. Thinking of getting a uni as they are not too pricey - it seems R1K is all you need to start

[/quote']

R1K is around what you'll pay from OddWheel unicycles for a starter uni which will last very well unless you start doing extreme things on it. Some LBS's sell no name Chinese imports for a little less which will be just as good for learning on, but not much more.

Not fair! Wish we could have one of these in Joburg! Tongue

Depending on numbers in JHB, I can chat to Ruan to see whether he would be keen on doing a workshop up there Smile

Not fair! Wish we could have one of these in Joburg! Tongue

Depending on numbers in JHB' date=' I can chat to Ruan to see whether he would be keen on doing a workshop up there Smile

[/quote']

Sounds like a good idea, will put my mind to it this week and see if we can organize something, I'm starting to help out at a local skate park to develop the interest in the sport etc (this is in PTA though)  but if interest is enough then we will surely organize something.

Where in CT?

No plan as to where yet. Would depend on where the most interested people are based, or something central for everyone to get to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there mr. Reggae

I would certainly be interested in finally learning how to ride mu Quax. I'm in Obz. onym>

Hey there mr. Reggae

I would certainly be interested in finally learning how to ride mu Quax. I'm in Obz. onym>

Cool bananas. I take it you know Andrew then ? Who's been bitten big time by the Uni bug Smile

Will arrange the workshop then seeing as there is a fair but small interest. Will look to do something in the next couple weeks, and will get the other one wheelers to come along with their Uni's to help out.

JohnnyReggae2009-10-05 01:37:29

Good idea Mr Reggae. I think there are also a few non-hubbers interested in workshop. I'm a bit busy with studies at the moment, but I'll be a free man after 24 November (if it can wait until then).

Good idea Mr Reggae. I think there are also a few non-hubbers interested in workshop. I'm a bit busy with studies at the moment' date=' but I'll be a free man after 24 November (if it can wait until then).

[/quote']

Cool, quite happy to hold off until you're free... seeing as you've done a workshop before you'll have a better idea of what to include Smile