New trails at Teak...(just thought i'd inform)

L.T.G

Just watch where you park

Last week some nit wit - hit my SUV in the car park with their bike

Gashed the passenger side with his / her handle bars - R7500 damage ,,

no sorry note .. I am still p i s s e d   O f f

But riding there was supreme... last bit of uphill gets me each time..

Was glad I rode there ... as thurs did Bekkers Bundu Bash ... eeeishhh

a real hum dinger and what fun..... lots of ups but great tricky decents....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been to Teak in about 3 weeks' date=' and there're some fun new trails cut as part of the black/blue route, just after the "look out point" downhill.

not much, but nice to see bits are being added to an already awesome place.

PS don't be Cowboys (or Lara Crofts) I was a bit complacent (ie being a cowboy!!) this morning and saw my touche'!!Ouch  when misjudging some loose sand on the black trail round the "splash and dash" dam!

Still, ..had the best ride, even though i had to come back to work!!Wacko

[/quote']

a LOT of extra trails since i was there last.

rode there yesterday. was not nice going there with cyclists all over the road - there's roadworks which made it difficult to ride anywhere bu on the road ... but once there - wow!

had 35 blissfull kays, both sides of the tar road, and with LOTS of singletrack. some technical stuff, lots of sharp corners, a few steep and 2 steeper climbs, AND a floating bridge !

i will be back there.

Both sides of the tar?

what's on the opposite side?

Both sides of the tar?what's on the opposite side?

the chicken. smiley36.gif

On the other side there are more single track just watch our for the naughty rocks hiding in the path which has a tendency to destroy your pedals, and those nasty looking thorn bushes, if it scratches you it itch like hell and take forever to heal, and then there is the cow Sh!tSleepy. But great riding ? anyway, saw a chicken there once and it tried to cross over the road ? again. Big%20smile<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• 2 weeks later...

Found MORE new trails today!!!Big%20smileBig%20smile dunno if i just missed them last time or if they were made this last week.

Bridges, water crossings..... this place is AWESOME!!!

Clap

they're new - those little bridgies reminded me of those that you get on the first 40 kays of induna - they weren't there 3 weeks ago

and the rock shandy's are oversized. this place will see a LOT  of me in future :)

Found MORE new trails today!!!Big%20smileBig%20smile dunno if i just missed them last time or if they were made this last week.
Bridges' date=' water crossings..... this place is AWESOME!!!
Clap
[/quote']

Yea that place kick ass? I must go and see what you mean by the new tracks, can?t wait, thanks.

can't get the piccies off the camera .... the cardreader AND the cable are both at work, so might post tomorrow night ...

Had a lekker early morning ride on Saturday, wanted to show the bridge to mates ...

Took the black route,  but must have missed a route marker ... we only managed 27.5km ... or is it on the blue route?

Forgot to ask if there's route maps at Teak's reception, you guys perhaps have maps or know of?

Went there on Sunday. Great Place. You get a much better workout that at Norhern Farm. Will definately be back.

AND they have a floating Bridge!!!Big%20smile LOVE the floating bridge!

nice to cool down after a couple of the climbs!