Help me choose MTB! (+ Hello all)

Hog_

Just finalised the deal - I'm picking the bike up at 6 tonight. Must say that I can highly recommend Mikes Bikes in Greenside. They're setting my bike up as we speak' date=' plus they agreed to match the price of their out-of-stock competition.

Now the 'getting back into shape' bit starts!

[/quote']

Congratulations Hog, welcome to the world of Dirt. Hope you have many happy k's.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hog, if you ever feel like coming for a ride with fellow novices in the Centurion area then please drop me a PM.

Enjoy the new bike.

Just remember, a bike has a soul, and is part of your family now.

Enjoy the new bike.

Just remember' date=' a bike has a soul, and is part of your family now.
[/quote']

I should try explaining that one to the woman! She gave me the look of death when the bike went into the spare room last night instead of the garage! (Note to self - if you ever want to get laid again, get a new lock for the garage so the bike can sleep there)

Ah, so the battle to keep the bikes close begins!! Mine occassionally spend time in the dining room, but my hubbie fights this vehemently and so my new baby repeatedly gets relegated to the garage, sob!

Hog, rather get a new woman... one who knows the value of a bike as a fully fledged member of the familly.

The wife recently forced me to move my bikes out of the house to make space for the baby. Well....I managed to keep 2 bikes inside. The other 3 had to move on... to the garage.

Will see if I can arrange pics from my cell. I blew the budget completely so I doubt I'll be getting a camera any time soon! 

Heya!

Yeah, sorry about yesterday - I only got back from the Doors at about 4 - didn't manage to get out of bed till almost 11!

The bike is great! Although I'm thinking that they used to make the seats a lot softer when I was in high school. Will need to get pants this week.

Heya!

Yeah' date=' sorry about yesterday - I only got back from the Doors at about 4 - didn't manage to get out of bed till almost 11!

The bike is great! Although I'm thinking that they used to make the seats a lot softer when I was in high school. Will need to get pants this week.

[/quote']

lol, I had the exact same thought the first time I got on my bike.

My first bike was a Giant Rincon.  Its a really nice bike and in your price range.

I did a couple of 100km + road races (with slicks) and quite a bit of mountain biking with it and had absolutely no issues with it even though the poor thing got washed about twice in 2 years and never got any lube!!!

Good luck!  If you are anything like most of us, you will be spending way more than your budget in future!

Ratty2007-05-21 06:28:18