pedestrians - get out of my way!

kamikaze

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kamikaze you sound a little selfish and self-centered or maybe not so little... and competitive in not a very positive way!!

Be more considered. The track doesn't belong to u or any other cyclist!! There's more people in the world than you and those who ride bikes!

And after all it's not that easy to step out the way for a cyclist coming from behind!! So it's not like they are walking in you way on purpose!!!

after reading your first post again... the pedestrians are not the problem, you are!!
night tider2009-11-12 03:57:11

kamikaze you sound a little selfish and self-centered or maybe not so little... and competitive in not a very positive way!!

Be more considered. The track doesn't belong to u or any other cyclist!! There's more people in the world than you and those who ride bikes!

And after all it's not that easy to step out the way for a cyclist coming from behind!! So it's not like they are walking in you way on purpose!!!

after reading your first post again... the pedestrians are not the problem' date=' you are!!
[/quote']

Well said!! ClapClapClapClapClapClap 

As much as I love riding my bikes I also enjoy walking my dog and I can promise you - you come with your arrogant attitude and try ride into me or try kick my dog I can promise you that you will not be the one using the pepperspray but will be on the recieving end of mine. When I ride at the spruit I get out of the way of pedestrians and quite often stop and greet the doggies - trust me the owners love that!! So Kamikaze stop being a silly selfish child and get over yourself - there are other park users not just us cyclists

Please just be careful when using your spray on babies and ladies . Half a tin will be enough .

thanks, i have not laughed that much in a while. you just made my day

LOL

now' date=' on the one hand i am greatful to these pedestrians as it is the soles of their feet which have treaded out the single track that i am so eagerly enjoying, but on the other hand i dont want to have a collision with them either.

what do i do?

[/quote']

two words

AIR HORN

Kamakazi, maybe that little cardboard trick on the frame into the spoke that you can make a constant noise.

Then the pedestrians and dogs will know there is an @ssh0le on the way.

Some pedestrians are a pain; I often do laps around the Rondebosch Common which is a great training loop that has cycle lanes and lanes for runners and walkers (and the road). But some walkers insist on walking off the tarred walking/running path and in the cycle lane. Drives me nuts as i must make a choice of either stopping / drive into the walker / move over into the car traffic, coming from behind.

Normally i slow down and tell them (with my harshest voice and an ugly look) "please move over" Most runners & walkers are okay to move back onto their path. But 1 or 2 do not (always the same ones!!). As i get angry i normally stop the laps as one might do something stupid... and do some hill training at Rhodes Mem which is quite punishing...
PeterM2009-11-12 04:17:07

Kamakazi' date=' maybe that little cardboard trick on the frame into the spoke that you can make a constant noise.

Then the pedestrians and dogs will know there is an @ssh0le on the way.
[/quote']

LOLClapLOLClap

LOL

I bet you on TheShoeSA.co.za there is the same debate going on - about all the cyclist f*cking up all the nice walking trails in the Spruit with their constant braking and killing little helpless trees trying to find their place in the world to produce oxygen for us homosapiens.

I reckon se should all strap hattori hanzo steel to our Camelbaks and the dog walkers lazers to their dogs and we can have an awesome death match showdown duel on the rocks next to the river.

If that fails we can always try and be more considerate torwards our fellow man & canine.

I bet you on TheShoeSA.co.za there is the same debate going on - about all the cyclist f*cking up all the nice walking trails in the Spruit with their constant braking and killing little helpless trees trying to find their place in the world to produce oxygen for us homosapiens.

I reckon se should all strap hattori hanzo steel to our Camelbaks and the dog walkers lazers to their dogs and we can have an awesome death match showdown duel on the rocks next to the river.

If that fails we can always try and be more considerate torwards our fellow man & canine.

Shake n Bake

juts buy yourself a road bike then you are set kamikaze?LOL

and be associated with those gays.....never! smiley15.gif

juts buy yourself a road bike then you are set kamikaze LOL

and be associated with those gays.....never! smiley15.gif

I was just wondering if you have any friends???????

Very al la MTV death match ... I LIKE IT!