94.7 Expo

The Pirate

certainly not Argus levels but hey' date=' the recession is a bugger. [/quote']

It's not bad at all, just small. But, I did get all the stuff I needed for the race. So the basics are all there. There were a few nice bikes, thinking of the Merckx and Pinarello smiley1.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect to the people giving out the numbers, the lady that helped me didn't even know what time of day it was.

My 1st 94.7 Expo, was expecting more but it's all good.

Saw my baby there, the Pinarello Prince and even the new Dogma was there but my credit card wouldn't work on the guys speed point Cry

The stalls are very expensive and the recession obviously plays a role. I know last year they were charging R12000.00 for 3x3 stall excluding VAT. I do not know what they charged this year but they normally have a 10% p/a increase.

You have to turn a lot of stock to pay for a stall there.

Any good deals on road shoes or saddles ?

Solomons have some good prices, other cycle shops appeared not have dropped their's and in some cases increased them.

Respect to the people giving out the numbers' date=' the lady that helped me didn't even know what time of day it was.

Saw my baby there, the Pinarello Prince and even the new Dogma was there but my credit card wouldn't work on the guys speed point Cry

[/quote']

But did you see the "Dogma" there?! Nice!

I think its nice to see all the stalls, and everyone so keen to do business. I hope all do well...and the staff were friendly and very helpfull.

However...

Could they have picked a more difficult place for registration? The roads outside were a nightmare!

Respect to the people giving out the numbers' date=' the lady that helped me didn't even know what time of day it was.

[/quote']

But did you see the "Dogma" there?! Nice!

I think its nice to see all the stalls, and everyone so keen to do business. I hope all do well...and the staff were friendly and very helpfull.

However...

Could they have picked a more difficult place for registration? The roads outside were a nightmare!

Were you there ????

The PRINCE they had is yellow & red, I'd prefer a full red one like you had.

Parking was a bit of a mission but then I parked at the Holiday Inn.

Maybe set up at the waterfall estate next year, couple of big tents incase of rain. Some outdoor stands and bike demo's etc???

GPS co-ords get you to the front door of the convention center... then try and find a place to store the transportation device you arrived in... think they call this parking.

After finding this lesser spotted "parking", re-find the convention center.

IMPORTANT: when entering the tiny hall containing the masses of heart-attack candidates for Sunday, go stand in the queues STRAIGHT AHEAD if you already know your race number (UU xxxx in queue UU and QQ xxxx in queue QQ and so forth.)

IMPORTANT: Only if you don't know your race number or have a query or need to be reseeded (because you're an x Iron man (do all Iron men, ex and current shave their heads???) that got put in ZZ), stand in the NON MOVING queue to be helped by friendly students on the RIGHT HAND SIDE of the hall. Note: Security will tell you with a friendly nod and a "yebo", to stand in this queue if you have print outs of your online entry stating your race number... do not however listen to him... he's the flat tire that'll spoil you tiny little exhibition experience...

IMPORTANT: If you are hungry after all this queuing and checking doff stands (WHASP, you're in to deep... Peeps are gatvol by the time they get to you okes) on your way to the exit, find the Bar One and Energellies in your goody bag... You don't have to wait till you get back to the office an hour later.

This all may sound negative and sarcastic, but that's because it is... One positive thing I can say is that every one must have gone there today, hoping to miss the rush, so the rest of the days should be nice and crowd free. MaxUmis2009-11-12 06:26:01

I'm done already Kid! Yeah, pity they didnt have a one like mine! It was hectic...parked at the Michaelangelo...and on my way out had some numbskull cyclist in his X5 almost reverse into my car! He was paying no attention!! But hey...

Maybe set up at the waterfall estate next year' date=' couple of big tents incase of rain. Some outdoor stands and bike demo's etc??? [/quote']

I like that idea!! Nice and close to work so I can go during lunch. I will bring my dog as well. Wink

Is it just me or is the Expo getting smaller each year ? Where is the food stalls and celebs ? There is only about 10 or less local bike shops there' date=' I was very dissapointed if you try and compare it to the Argus Expo.[/quote']

"Is it just me or is the Expo getting smaller each year ? "

It's you:- policemen look younger, kids have got no respect, you can't understand a word the modern pop singers are saying - GOMS, Grumpy Old Man Syndrome.

Tell us you used to take your bird to the Roxy, see a George Formby movie, have fish and chip supper and the tram ride home, all for less than a sixpence.

"Where is the food stalls and celebs ?"

Umm not at this cycle expo tho' you can get some food upstairs. Celebrity in SA is a helluva relative term in SA; but if it keeps you happy me, Scotty and Holy Roller will be passing through at some point I'm sure and will be available for photos and autograph signing.

"I was very dissapointed if you try and compare it to the Argus Expo"

Well dont then and you wont upset yourself. That is there, this is here. I'd be disappointed if I compared it to a beach for topless bathers in St Tropez, so guess what - I wont.

So relax, get your number and see what there is to see. Expectation reduces happiness; and we all want to be happy, dont we?

I am still stuck on the Topless St Tropez part. LOLLOL

Hey Joe you forgot about me Cry

"Where is the food stalls and celebs ?"

Sorry 1H, I thought one of your groupies was gonna swing down from the Michaelangelo penthouse suite where you usually camp out for a weekend orgy & the race, and pick the number up for you.

Snort a line for me won't you?

Nice to see Pirate starting to look on the bright side, but woodworm in your wooden leg is no fun for anyone.

The expo is dissapointing every year so I never expect much,still nice to see new goodies here and their,not even all of the big distributors are always their