Rudy Projects

W1Z@RD

Finally!! Got myself a pair of Rudy projects Rydons with Photchromic lenses.... At the Sandton convention center. The guy showed me how the lens changes with light using a UV light thingy magoo and was impressed. When I left and put them on in the car, they hardly go dark... Is it meant to adjust over time or what gives?

Finally!! Got myself a pair of Rudy projects Rydons with Photchromic lenses.... At the Sandton convention center. The guy showed me how the lens changes with light using a UV light thingy magoo and was impressed. When I left and put them on in the car' date=' they hardly go dark... Is it meant to adjust over time or what gives?[/quote']

Your windscreen has UV protection, the photochromic lenses only react to UV rays and thus darken .... thats my take on the whole thing....but good glasses, i go some too! Love em smiley17.gif

Finally!! Got myself a pair of Rudy projects Rydons with Photchromic lenses.... At the Sandton convention center. The guy showed me how the lens changes with light using a UV light thingy magoo and was impressed. When I left and put them on in the car' date=' they hardly go dark... Is it meant to adjust over time or what gives?[/quote']

Perhaps they are genuine fakes. LOL

Should have bought from CWC

mine came with a spare set of driving lenses ..... that you could swap, because my riding lenses are orange..I got the Rydon X Orange ones! What did urs cost?

Hey Wizard, I have a pair as well. Before I bought them I asked a few questions on the hub, and the one anser which sticks in my mind when I asked if they go dark enough, was that they dont go drak enough if you plan on welding anything!!

So far though, they have been absolutely fantastic!!

Enjoy them!

I bought them for R2100 but only got 1 set of clear lenses... Guess I have to buy another set for driving

I must say, I am just plain lazy, and leave the photochromic lenses in ( I have spare driving ones) and they work just fine for driving the russian truck or the 'Tard (although, when hooliganning on the 'Tard, anything goes, right?)...

cool....i dig em, so yeah maybe get some other lenses for driving! I dnt use mine for driving cos i got other glasses...

I think I will do the same, they don't go very dark and im use to my dark shades - guess it will take some getting use to.

Use mine in Afkakistan too' date='love them[/quote']

Thats the best, they work internationally....not zoned like DVD's hehehe smiley2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Best frames ever!  Get a pair of Polar3FX lenses to use in the car - absolutely fantastic and there was some promotion on these lenses at Bruce Reyneke Cycles - R800 I think.  The golf lenses are great too!