Worst Cyclist Ever

The Saint

I run the Hekpoort hill quite often and have passed on occasion a couple of cyclist on the uphill, but they fly past me on the downhill.

That is just the nature of running vs cycling.

Hey holy roller, I prob saw you at the SA Champs? Were you there between 11 and 1? What bike?

Got there at about 11:30 or so, sat near the Girls on the Move tent for a while, then moved further up, just below the technical section through the bushes/ trees

Came straight from the morning's MTB ride so I was the one in the black cycling shorts, black leg warmers, blue Buff on my head to cover my bad cycling hairdo!

I had to laugh, I was standing with Mike and Gail and we were chatting to some kid. He asks me "Are you a cyclist?" I stared at him, looked down at my lycra-clad legs and said "Erm, I just like wearing lycra?!!!"

Nope that is my title to keep for awhile now, although I just got the go ahead from wifey to buy a new frame which will take my bike down from 10 kilos to around 7.5 kilos. I will definately be out over the weekend now to see if that little bastard is so fast now.

Hey holy roller' date=' I prob saw you at the SA Champs? Were you there between 11 and 1? What bike?[/quote']

hey michh, was there all day sat and sun. didn't ride. mistakenly thought i could enter on-day. (maybe god was trying to tell me something.) i was riding around on a chrome singlespeed on mulitple beer trips to the restaurant, usually with a chucker-riding 9-year-old and over-zealous golden retriever in tow. was there with a mate - paul farrance, who used to wrench for the barloworld - from my lbs. we had the stand with a handful of giants under a gazebo near the boy scout bridge. almost dumped the bikes in the drink when we lost control of the trailer!!!! mostly watched the racing from the jump near the finish. only hubber i knew to say hello to was bored girl    

Yup, Pearl Izumi leggings! My hubbie bought me those wonders of modern man for my birthday (although he keeps telling me "Don't ask how much it cost!")

Now you know what I look like, the onus is on you to come say hi next time Tongue

That'll be good!

Maybe after this 'little' event I'm doing on the weekend, we organise a MTB ride and you can come meet a whole bunch of Hubbers?

I thought i was the worst cyclist ever??????

What gives??? can i not win anything????Confused

of course you can: today, you are officially the worst capetonian in gautengLOL