Bloem

Seepglad

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody need a lift to Bloem ?

I am leaving early tomorrow morning. Send me a pm.

Ek kan nie glo daar is nog nie uitslag oor die ladies se race nie.. julle maak my oud..

Spoke to Jaco. David did about 50 minutes - which is almost 4 minutes quicker than Arran did winning yesterday. Jimmy did about 56min.

David looked very fast!! In defence of Arran I think they had better weather than Yesterday.

Guest Michelle

ELITE WOMEN
PLACERIDERNAMEPROVINCERUN TIMEOFF LEADER
175VAN WYK RONELGN00:44:21.500:00:00.0
266MUNRO MILLECIAGN00:44:54.500:00:33.0
374VAN DER MERWE MARISSAMPU00:45:23.300:01:01.8
479OOSTHUYSEN SAMANTHAGN00:45:39.200:01:17.7
578CONRADIE ENGELA CATHARINAFSS00:46:49.500:02:28.0
670DE VILLIERS YOLANDESC00:47:28.600:03:07.1
773BINNEMAN JEANINEWP00:49:56.900:05:35.4
869GOUS CHRISTELLENC00:54:30.000:10:08.5
967KRUGER PETROCG00:57:51.800:13:30.3

Awesome CHERRY!!!

What happend to Cassandrah?

See George pumped!! Average of 47.58kph Shocked and Alex got 9th... Respect meneer!! Clap

Cherry averaged 40.58kph ShockedClap... It's because I'm such a good team manager hey ewep?
Jason2007-06-01 06:35:01

Guest Michelle
latrinus: This is exciting stuff... I'm refreshing every 15 seconds LOL

I see Craig Harvey went 9 seconds quicker than last year's best time (set by Raynard Tissink), but a lot quicker than his own time last year. 

Those who have ridden both, isn't it fair to say this course is easier/faster, or does the wind/weather cancel out that advantage?
Sunblock2007-06-01 08:20:03

Sunblock..No comment on the free state performance in the 30-34? Or are you still doubtful?

I've been looking at the 30-34's, in fact I've been putting up a comparative table on my Blog.

I know all the guys from the Free State - Jean Fourie is a newbie to the pure cycling thing, lives quite near me, he usually sticks to the Ironman.  He put in a nice ride.  Ideally if I'd been riding I'd like to be putting in times competitive to Jean's.  That would be the standard I'd like to reach.

Petrus is very very hardcore.  I'm sure he'll go for a win next year.  Coen is also quality.  None of these guys were at last year's SA's. 

Interesting to notice is the 12th placed guy's time was 2 seconds slower than mine (and I came 13th, dead last last year).

I'm very impressed with David George who averaged around 47km/h as I understand.  Would have liked to have seen it but have to work.

For a long time I noticed the Tour de Frances average TT speeds were much higher (even in the last third of the Tour), where they are moving closer to 55-60km/h average.  Which made me think our guys (me included) weren't trying hard enough.  The tour is the leading edge of cycling, but it also proves what is possible.  I've witnessed the Eurodisney to Paris TT stage (when Jan won) in France and that really gave me a snapshot of just how beautiful a time trial can be with humanity integrated at its higher level (that was '97, so it must be super fast now).

If you ride to your maximum and find a guy has beaten you by 3 minutes, it asks you to re-examine what you think your own potential is. 

Both David and James medalled at worlds in the TT. The averages for th tour you talk about is normally in a prolouge. The winning time of the elites today is of world standard!! Go do some research. The two riders in the 30-34 did excellent and surprised quite a few persons..including you. A time of 44min or less in 30k's are very good..