Emperors Palace Classic

Jono Waddell

Anybody know where to enter the Emperors Palce classic. Cant seem to find anything on cycle lab or mtn cycling. There is nothing on the Emperors website, and google just seems to find reference to the 2009 race.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know where to enter the Emperors Palce classic. Cant seem to find anything on cycle lab or mtn cycling. There is nothing on the Emperors website' date=' and google just seems to find reference to the 2009 race. [/quote']

This race is organised by Edenvale Pedallers... you could try contacting them. I had a quick look at their website and it doesn't seem to have updated since last April, so no info there.

Rode the MTB route yesterday and it's very overgrown and now partially fenced off. Still a great forest section though.

Rode the MTB route yesterday and it's very overgrown and now partially fenced off. Still a great forest section though.

Can you still ride the single track in the trees where they built the wall?

Can you still ride the single track in the trees where they built the wall?

We're talking about the MTB race. I'm not exactly sure where you mean, but you can enter the section where you skirt the runways, where the mud was last year, and go all the way around. Where you would exit across the tar road it has been fenced off, but you simply hug the fence and exit where you entered. The first river crossing you cannot do anymore as the temp. bridge has been washed away. Whoop de doo section has long grass which makes it interesting at speed.

• 2 weeks later...
If it is the MTB race - FORGET IT! It is not worth it...Or let me rephrase: There are better races tp spend your money on!

Same will apply for the road race! The first 10 to 15 kilometers are filled with potholes! Not worth entering at all! Just my 20 cents worth ; - )

Realy enjoyed the 2009 New route although my better half crashed on Duduza Hill and HAD to get  a new bike for the Argus. Still cant find where to enter or what date?

Hi Everyone

The Emperors Classic road and MTB events will go live on Cycle Lab on Tuesday next week.

I've been awaiting confirmation on a new road race route which we've been working on with Ekurhuleni Metro, which we'll hopefully have final  confirmation on today.

The new route will be on the N12 highway out to Witbank and back with the 97km turning at the second Delmas turn-off and the 50 km turning at Etwatwa.

Times on the new circuit should be similar to last year's with only mild undulations on the N12. The final climb up to Emperors will, however, remain as a final sting in the tail!

Apologies for the delay, but I need clarity on the new route first. Although last year's route worked reasonably well, the congestion in the East Rand Mall area late morning was a concern for us as well as the turn-around points for the shorter distances.

Hi Everyone

?

The Emperors Classic road and MTB events will go live on Cycle Lab on Tuesday next week.

?

I've been awaiting confirmation on a new road race route which we've been working on with Ekurhuleni Metro' date=' which we'll hopefully have final? confirmation on today.

?

The new route will be on the N12 highway out to Witbank and back with the 97km turning at the second Delmas turn-off and the 50 km turning at Etwatwa.

?

Times on the new circuit should be similar to last year's with only mild undulations on the N12. The final climb up to Emperors will, however, remain as a final sting in the tail!

?

Apologies for the delay, but I need clarity on the new route first. Although last year's route worked reasonably well, the congestion in the East Rand Mall area late morning was a?concern for us as well as the turn-around points for the shorter distances.

?

?
[/quote']

Would that be full highway closure as per the Bakwena race?