Emperors Palace Classic

Jono Waddell

the MTB race sucks

the Road race sucks

Who cares - just enter the race and ride because it's what we funny people in lycra do - besides i've always wanted to see what it's like to cycle on the N12 and pass behind a boeing 747 busy revving up to take off - Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck can you just imagine the ride

probably a lot safer than out normal training route through oos rant

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the MTB race sucks

the Road race sucks

Who cares - just enter the race and ride because it's what we funny people in lycra do - besides i've always wanted to see what it's like to cycle on the N12 and pass behind a boeing 747 busy revving up to take off - Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck can you just imagine the ride

probably a lot safer than out normal training route through oos rant

Agreed , training on the oos rand is a life threatening experience every weekend Big%20smile

Emperors Palace Classic 2010

Date: Sunday, 7th February 2010
Closing Date: 25th January 2010, 18h00
Province: Gauteng
Venue: Emperors Palace, Kempton Park
GPS Co-Ordinates: 26 08 53.20 S, 28 13 19.88 E
Distances: 97km (R180), 50km (R120)
Starting Time: 06h00
Number Collection:
Cycle Lab Nicol Grove, Design Quarter Shopping Centre, Fourways;
Thursday 4th February 2010, from 10h00 - 16h00
And
 Sportville Restaurant, Emperors Palace, Kempton Park;
Friday 5th February 2010, from 10h00 - 16h00

Timed By: RaceTec

New fast and safe route ? Out and back on the Witbank Highway (N12)!
Extreme Riding display by Brian Kappa and live music.
More info at our office or email to events@cyclingnews.co.za

Prize Money,click here
More information,click here

To enter, click here

If its MTB you referring to, last years MTB race was organised by Sweat & Gears Benoni, try them they may be able to help you for road and MTB entry.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they have changed the route again. Instead of out&back on N12 Witbank highway, its now on N17 then right on heidelberg road..

20100125_030429_Emeperors_2010_.jpg

Where did you get this map from daggavis?

The entry form we received at the fast one yesterday clearly shows N12 out and back.

@ Fester: Got it from Cyclabs online entry page..instead on taking N17 to Carnival City, you continue over N17 higway and then later hook a left on the R554. Think the roadworks on the N12 will create too much problems. Traffic is going to be a nightmare on the way back..

@ Fester: Got it from Cyclabs online entry page..instead on taking N17 to Carnival City' date=' you continue over N17 higway and then later hook a left on the R554. Think the roadworks on the N12 will create too much problems. Traffic is going to be a nightmare on the way back..

[/quote']

Yeah, besides the traffic around East Rand Mall, there is a massive pothole further down Rondebult Rd that reduces traffic to a single lane.. it's been like it for months.

Route will still be very fast, the only diffs is we do not turn left off rondebult onto the N17 but continue till R554 then left to carnival city.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find the starting groups and times?  I can't find any links on the Cyclelab and Cyclingnews websites?

Online entries on the cycle lab website. scroll down to see the races you have entered, click on the race and it should bring up a page with the information.