Emperors Palace Classic

Jono Waddell

Also road GL after a 4 year absence, was leading the bunch through the potholes section and then sprinted up the hill with another guy, but no where close to 2:22. How does the polar kit look?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Racetec use the times from the start and finish mats which i presume they do then this superfast times are down to the riders not completing the full route. Maybe cheating to get a better seeding time or just having a bad day and deciding to ride a shorter distance. If the later they should not ride over the mats at the finish. A way to sort this out is to have timing mats around the halfway mark but this would add to the cost of the race.

I assume there are mats at the halfway.

Reason i say that, is due to injury, we changed from 100km distance to the 50km, but were in GL group.

According to Racetec site, they have us on the 50km results, so they must have some way of knowing we switched to the 50km.

Maybe because you started with the 50km people. But this adjust start time seems to work some times and not others.

@nero123

there was a break just before the potholes. 2 mtn guys, myself, the polar guy (black kit), and some other guy. I got dropped on the hill and was stuck in no mans land until and I gave up trying to catch and let the group catch me. ended up finishing on 2:48

@nero123

there was a break just before the potholes. 2 mtn guys, myself, the polar guy (black kit), and some other guy. I got dropped on the hill and was stuck in no mans land until and I gave up trying to catch and let the group catch me. ended up finishing on 2:48

When the will power is high and the technique lacking, a sort of monster is create......THE HAMMER!

Ah now it makes sense, with all the traffic issues getting in, I was way at the back of the bunch in the starting gate and chased to the front of the bunch or what I thought was the front of the bunch :-(

I know the results are provisional, but there is something really wrong with them.

I was seeded DL. The 2 mates who I rode with were seeded EL. We all missed our start times, and we all rode in FL. I am correctly listed as having ridden in FL. One of my mates is listed by racetech as having been in EL, and the other one has no results at all. I rode most of the race with him, and saw him cross the line 10 or so after mins after I did, and he wore his chip on his ankle.

I got another friend (I gotta a lotta friends) who was seeded AL, but he decided to stay back and ride with his son in El. Him and his son both crossed the finish mats at the same time, bu the son's time is 3.32 and father gets a time of 3.48, which tells me that they timed him from the time that AL went off, and NOT from the time that he went off (with EL). Go figure.

It also tells me that anyone who was seeded AL or EL but who started in a later group is not getting a fair shake from racetech.

Good to meet your after the race Flex. Rode with you in that small group at Berge en Dale as well.

Nice meeting you too, Andy. Didn't know that was you in the small group at B&D, what kit were you wearing?

Eish, I was a little sick last week and had a shocker of a race at B&D, thank goodness I felt better yesterday.

Good to meet your after the race Flex. Rode with you in that small group at Berge en Dale as well.

Nice meeting you too' date=' Andy. Didn't know that was you in the small group at B&D, what kit were you wearing?

Eish, I was a little sick last week and had a shocker of a race at B&D, thank goodness I felt better yesterday.[/quote']

I was wearing the CLab Club kit. I was dropped, blown out more like it, on that windy part and then that small group that you were in caught the CLab Race Team rider and I soon after crossing the R24.

Glad you felt better for Emperors!