Greeting roadies. Almost over it.

Justin

Smile and wave, boys... just smiiile and wave!

(Somebody had to put that in - may as well be me!)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ignored you because you are rude, I was talking to my mate when you waved. At least wait till I am done. After our ride I walked through South Gate Mall and greeted everyone I saw and they all looked at me as though I am weird, then on my way home I waved at all the other 82 985 motorists I passed at only 5 waved back........I don't get it. Confused

I ignored you because you are rude' date=' I was talking to my mate when you waved. At least wait till I am done. After our ride I walked through South Gate Mall and greeted everyone I saw and they all looked at me as though I am weird, then on my way home I waved at all the other 82 985 motorists I passed at only 5 waved back........I don't get it. Confused[/quote']

Huh, you think that's tough? Try makin eye contact & smiling at strangers in elevators; make sure your medical aid covers it.

Everybody in the Kruger National Park greet...... and they are in dreaded motor cars!!!!!!! Better than roadies?????????

hmmm, when i'm on my sv only the big-bike riders greet, when i'm on the nxr no other biker greets, not even ianj! Wink

oh wait, wrong bikes......

i've given up caring - i greet if i can (even if it's just a lifted hand cos i'm gasping for breath) but if i don't get greeted back i don't mind.

TYPES OF GREETING:

1. The Helmet Nod.

Most distant. Kinda formal. Yet subtle acknowledgement of the other cyclist.

2. The Raised Hand that does not leave the Handle Bar.

Somewhat casual. Yet not quite committed. But acknowledgement is there for sure.

3. The Queen's Wave.

Relaxed. Open. Obviously friendly.

4. The Wave + "Howzit...".

Very cool. Mandela cool.

smiley32.gif

To be honest there are times when I also don't wave at other cyclists. If you're out walking' date=' does that mean you have to greet every person that you walk past?

Sometimes you just don't feel like it... and only because... you just don't. People should stop being so sensitive.[/quote']

It?s not about being sensitive, it?s being courteous. Justin is one of those cyclists like me, i like greeting my fellow cyclist, even the roadies. We are a ?click? or ?band of brothers (and sisters)? , a social network of  people ENJOYING what we do, cycling. What harm is it to raise your hand and acknowledge your fellow cyclist? unless you have your seat post stuck up your ass.

Justin i cheers you, keep the positive spirit. That what makes this sport GREAT  Big%20smileBig%20smile

To be honest there are times when I also don't wave at other cyclists. If you're out walking' date=' does that mean you have to greet every person that you walk past?

Sometimes you just don't feel like it... and only because... you just don't. People should stop being so sensitive.[/quote']

It?s not about being sensitive, it?s being courteous. Justin is one of those cyclists like me, i like greeting my fellow cyclist, even the roadies. We are a ?click? or ?band of brothers (and sisters)? , a social network of  people ENJOYING what we do, cycling. What harm is it to raise your hand and acknowledge your fellow cyclist? unless you have your seat post stuck up your ass.

Justin i cheers you, keep the positive spirit. That what makes this sport GREAT  Big%20smileBig%20smile

Weirdo....

Weirdo....
i know,thats what the psychologist keeps telling me!!!

i don't wave at riders on pinnerello's - especially the dogma. And even more so a pinnerello rider with a rear view mirror on the handle bar.

Dammit! I want one. The pinnerello.  Not the handle bar mirror.

You people should move to the Souf. Here wa are all liking to greet ich other. Seriously, we tend to get more people greeting.

I tandem with my 12 year old daughter and everyone greets as well. No issues for us at least Cool or maybe it is just the fact that if you do not greet I turn around and chase you down and beat the living last remaining crap out of you til you greet back, oh sorry got confused with motorists again.

Ah well at least I know that everyone that tries in whatever form or fashion to greet back leaves an impression on my daughter at least. Clap

For the rest we understand.

i fought only we was in da deep souf here wif our jean pant in the cape town but on da udder side of da fis hoek. like my bru ne'? I smmak where yous at Mr Preditor.  Wif a passion. Genuin.

Went on a long road ride this morning. All the other roadies

greeted us back - the only exception was an MTBer...

Flex was in the mood and was greeting everyone.

AYOBA!

i fought only we was in da deep souf here wif our jean pant in the cape town but on da udder side of da fis hoek. like my bru ne'? I smmak where yous at Mr Preditor.  Wif a passion. Genuin.

Hehehehe this is funny. I like

Went on a long road ride this morning. All the other roadies
greeted us back - the only exception was an MTBer...

Flex was in the mood and was greeting everyone.

AYOBA!

MTBer was actually in shock and nearly totaled his bike thinking about the site of greeting roadies Big%20smile