Rider down HARD at the Bike Park

Hog_

hog' date=' is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?
[/quote']

I'd love to know as well, not going back there till there's a challenge for me ...... Wink

If you are talking about "zombie birdhouse" yes its open. Not sure if it would challenge your skills though.Wink

Since we are on the topic of crashes at the park, has anyone come off that bridge down from the highway on Angle grinder? It 3 stories of death if you go off the right side of that thing.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

hog' date=' is that black trail after angle grinder open yet?
[/quote']

?

I'd love to know as well, not going back there till there's a challenge for me ...... Wink
If you are talking about "zombie birdhouse" yes its open. Not sure if it would challenge your skills though.WinkSince we are on the topic of crashes at the park, has anyone come off that bridge down from the highway on Angle grinder? It 3 stories of death if you go off the right side of that thing.

that's the bridge i'm talking about. is that open?

one day in the distant future when i have saved enough money for the entry fee i'm gonna ride in this park -

back to the original post...a reporter from the star contacted me about the accident. i gave him numbers for the park and cycle lab, but couldn't help any further. anyone who knows more please give the newsroom a call.

Had a good giggle at the LBS the other day. MET clinton RHODES jontys brother. YOU know he is doing mountain bikng now.(met him later at shop)Clint showed us pics of jontys wipe out at GIBA GORGE. HE also thought he broke his back. YOU saw him kama kazi hitting the wickets. HE is like that on a mtb bike and really good already for a newby.(not JEREMY THOMPSON)but good. THEY have a thing going on facebook so maybe you can see the pics there. ITS classic as jonty is a small guy and his boet clint is about 130kg and trying to loose weight. check it out.    smiley1.gif

Just came from the park, they haven't gotten an update on the guy, although the paramedics seemed to be pleased that he could move his arms and was okay enough to phone for help.

As for the trails: The long, narrow, high bridge has been open for a while now, it's pretty challenging and a few people have managed to fall off it. Luckily nothing serious.

They also completed a trail called 'Roller coaster' which incorporates the big wide bridge as well as a few smaller bridges going over the other trails. Lots of fun.

Then, the one that just recently opened: Zombie Birdhouse. Now THIS is what a trail should be (except for all the climbing). Lots of turns, ups and downs, wooden paths, rock gardens.... HELL YES! If I wasn't so tired by the time we rode it I would have done a few laps.

Then' date=' the one that just recently opened: Zombie Birdhouse. Now THIS is what a trail should be (except for all the climbing). Lots of turns, ups and downs, wooden paths, rock gardens.... HELL YES! If I wasn't so tired by the time we rode it I would have done a few laps. [/quote']

100% ... Excellent addition to the park! smiley4.gif .... and what ''all the climbing" ??

Ok I did 'pause' on that one piece.... smiley36.gif

Hope the fallen guy is okay.

Zombie Birdhouse is great fun. Went over the bars on the second rock garden my first time (ouch!). Challenge is on to see who can post the quickest time around the best trail in the park now...

jeepers. i hope the use of 'critical' is just some unthinking media spin.. smiley6.gif

nvm. read the article. Sounds awefully serious. that he managed to call for assistance suggests he had no bad head injuries. jeepers.

Capricorn2010-01-06 14:47:14

Guest Agteros

It reads like they had white space to fill in the newspaper, trying to hype something on which they have no facts...

It reads like they had white space to fill in the newspaper' date=' trying to hype something on which they have no facts...

[/quote']

It does indeed.

Guest Agteros

Strongs to the bloke who fell, and I hope he is back on the bicycle very soon!

Hope there will be no fallout for the bike park...

The article has been sensationalised somewhat. I know that spot where he crashed. The paramedics should have just headed down wide section of trail that becomes the perimeter section next to the N1. They could have avoided the 'steep, slippery embankment' and wouldn't have required any firemen or ropes...

Hope the rider isn't seriously injured. Hope this doesn't put anyone off riding at the Bike Park.