Tubeless, or Not Tubeless...

Village Bicycle

I use tubliss tire at the back and non ust tires up front converted with tubliss strips and have never had problems. I have had sidewall cuts at the back and Tokai is rough on tires. As for Pinch flat resistance' date=' you cannot compare although Ive had that one incident where I had a double blowout using non tubliss tires converted. hit a rock and it pinched right through between the tread, I suppose its bad luck riding like a hooligan.

?

I highly recomend maxxis purely for the toughness.
[/quote']

There I fixed it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use tubliss tire at the back and non ust tires up front converted with tubliss strips and have never had problems. I have had sidewall cuts at the back and Tokai is rough on tires. As for Pinch flat resistance' date=' you cannot compare although Ive had that one incident where I had a double blowout using non tubliss tires converted. hit a rock and it pinched right through between the tread, I suppose its bad luck riding like a hooligan.

[/quote']
There I fixed it

*** stories!! My chain snapped 100m further down the trail after we spent hours fixing the fricken punctures. twas bad luck.

Did you have a good time in SA?

?

[/quote'] There I fixed it

?

*** stories!! My chain snapped 100m further down the trail after we spent hours fixing the fricken punctures. twas bad luck.

?

Did you have a good time in SA?

Rocking. Too much drinking and not enough riding, but I've got the RedWood here with me now so I can go camel hunting on the weekends. You enjoy the US?

i battle to get air into my tubeless setup... i think the "joes" gets a bit hard in the valve?? anybody got solution??

Stans yellow rim tape , with a tubeless valve.with Stans sealant . good to go .. rim strip valves tend to tear off after a few months ..

i battle to get air into my tubeless setup... i think the "joes" gets a bit hard in the valve?? anybody got solution??

Using what? CO2 bomb, foot pump you should have no problem.

Using a small compact pump may take you ages but it's good for the biceps Big%20smile

Using what? CO2 bomb' date=' foot pump you should have no problem.

Using a small compact pump may take you ages but it's good for the biceps Big%20smile
[/quote']

I have had this problem often, the silicon dries around the moving part of the valve and it interferes with the whole system, I take the cores out everytime I put in new sealent, take a sharp object and pick out all the dry crap from the core.

2 BLISS for shaw, DID the Weenen game reserve event and came home with 5 huge boys in the tyre.Took them out and was good to go. Only once i think I rode over a peace of glass and lost a fair bit of pressure. Still gave it a bomb and was fine. ONLY had to put a plug in about a week later as the slash was to big and kept on releasing. Honestly I see so many guys at races changing or fixing tubes and I have never to date had to waste any time at an event sorting my tyres out.

[/quote']

I have had this problem often, the silicon dries around the moving part of the valve and it interferes with the whole system, I take the cores out everytime I put in new sealent, take a sharp object and pick out all the dry crap from the core.

And don't forget to put a bit of vaseline on that valve core!!!  You should see the wifes'e eyes everytime I grab the pot of Vaseline...Shocked....just to go lube a valve core!!Wink

[/quote']

And don't forget to put a bit of vaseline on that valve core!!!  You should see the wifes'e eyes everytime I grab the pot of Vaseline...Shocked....just to go lube a valve core!!Wink

Interesting fact... will try it out sometime but have never had that problem

Anything else I can use?  KY?

I dont even have vaseline in the house... scarred of people like you ;O)

Ok, got the new XT wheels yesterday, fitted Fast Trak 2Bliss tyres and added 2 cups of Stans to the tyres. Inflated perfectly and lost no pressure over night.

Went riding this morning and got a 3mm long narrow cut from glass and the Stans showered me, the bike and the trail but could not seal this cut at all.

Now do I superglue this cut or do I put a patch on the inside of the tyre?

Ok' date=' got the new XT wheels yesterday, fitted Fast Trak 2Bliss tyres and added 2 cups of Stans to the tyres. Inflated perfectly and lost no pressure over night.

Went riding this morning and got a 3mm long narrow cut from glass and the Stans showered me, the bike and the trail but could not seal this cut at all.

Now do I superglue this cut or do I put a patch on the inside of the tyre?[/quote']

Patch the inside...

Superglue doesn't help for sh!t

Ok' date=' got the new XT wheels yesterday, fitted Fast Trak 2Bliss tyres and added 2 cups of Stans to the tyres. Inflated perfectly and lost no pressure over night.

Now do I superglue this cut or do I put a patch on the inside of the tyre?[/quote']

Patch the inside...

Superglue doesn't help for sh!t

I beg to differ ...it is good for sticking your fingers together as well as attaching you to everything within a metre radius Smile

YOU get a kit fot 2 bliss at your LBS and you can plug it like they do at the garage with your car tyre.Maybe let them do it once and show you and from then on you can do it yourself. Always carry the kit in your bag just in case as glass does slash and the sealent sometimes wont work with out putting in a rubber plug.

Thanks for the advice guys. So would this be an accurate procedure:

When you hear the whistle of death noise keep on riding for say 100m, if it doesn't stop rather plug the tyre before you lose all the sealant?

With the sealant, it dry's after a couple months. Do you need to put more in, just curious.