Cyclist hit at Fast One

Moab

Oh' date=' and thanks to all the team's. I think someone from every team in the junior peleton has contacted either me of Kurt with offers of support. Thanks guy's and girls. [/quote']

That's cool

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kurt, get better soon.

How about this for a plan, you lend me an leg and I will lend you an arm, we will make a good team.

So are you riding the crit with one arm tomorrow? Wink

hey kurt. conor and breandan are sitting here with me reading the thread. sent your old man an sms, but thought i'd send you well-wishes from the mccallums here too.

Guest Agteros

kurtis, strongs to you. At least you will not puncture during the upcoming Babbas race [:-(]

Hope your recovery is speedy and complete!

is dat an offer for a tandem ride?

Sounds good I will steer but you will have to do all the pedalling.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

I'm not going to comment about the accident as we are still trying to piece everything together. However what we do know has warranted a criminal charge of "Hit and Run" being laid against the driver.

My next step is to take this up with CSA and possibly civilly.

Kurt was released from hospital today and is reading the thread now. He will be off the bike for a while and his bike also needs some attention.

I would like to thank the Tanya and the rest of the organisers. They where great. The medical response team where awesome. I was still getting calls last night from them asking how Kurt was.

And a very special thanks to Evelyn who stopped and helped Kurt at the scene and stayed with him till he was transported to hospital.

Glad to hear he's ok otherwise Mark, if you guys need a hand with anything I am just up the road.

Crashing sucks, BIG time. Being crashed into is worse.

When it's a team car, then that has to be the worst.

Some chops should not be driving cars, but like that's just my armchair sportsman critic opinion.

Hope you make a speedy full recovery Kurt.

Hey IanJ, how is your recovery coming along dude? You know that with clipless pedals, you can take oneof your cranks off and ride with one leg?

Good practice for efficient pedaling.Wink

Crashing is part of the game, but to be hit by a car and a team car at that. This is not good. Mark, I have a son riding as well now Pro Elite also had a couple of big offs as a junior and you think because you have been there when you were their age, you will handel it. Not so easy when its one of yours.

Kurt i hope you recover soon lad and then go and kick some ass.Big G2010-01-26 04:12:09

20100127_020012_Fall_under_car.jpg

Unfortunatly it doesn't just happen here, this was at the Tour of Langkawi a couple years back...his own team car ran him over...