CAJEES Again!

Wheelsuck

I was in the Princess crossing branch one day and two of the guys, one sales guy and a mechanic had a disagreement. Next thing this turns into a fist fight in the middle of the shop. Wasn't very impressed by the lack of professionalism.

Also phoned Strubensvalley branch and asked them what road bike I can get for about R10k - R15k. Sales guy said he would phone me back. Still waiting for that call.

I refuse to buy from them now. I rather support Westrand Cycles. They always give great service.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the ones in fourways and boksburg and had good experience, regards the price, dont pay whats marked on the item they will adjust down. I got an Ultgera cluster R50 cheaper than CWC and thats before postage.

I was in the Princess crossing branch one day and two of the guys, one sales guy and a mechanic had a disagreement. Next thing this turns into a fist fight in the middle of the shop. Wasn't very impressed by the lack of professionalism.

Why not - Free entertainment.

If you don't like the bike shop that much just don't go there.  Ever. For anything.

And be carefull of dissing them too much.

Because wahtever bike shop you are with may think you are a fickle and demanding customer.

And slightly slice through your brake cables when your bike is in for a "Service"

The bike stores in SA are loosing lots of business exactly for this reason. Have had a couple of problems with Cajees before, rather support the smaller shops that supports the sport and not try and make a quick buck off every guy!!

Cajees is like any other  big discounter whether it be electronics or bicycles,they perfect if you know exactly what you looking for and just want a good price,if you need to be educated about a product or want service you go to an enthusiast type store but this costs you more for the expertise,I think theres a place in the market for both.

park medeow

they expensive....

there sales staff have never ridden a bike...

sorry how can a guy with a tummy hanging around his knees know anything about bikes... besides what the brochure says..

if i'm looking for a bike i wanna know how it rides.. i'd rather go to johanson or impy cycles

MY experience is that a bunch of arrogant blokes who are only interested in helping you if you actually interested in buying something and are not browsing.

I dont understand why they mark their products up so much and then drop the price 20% which is basically the SRP.

Bunch of bloody crooks.

Would much rather go to Achter at solomons in woodmead. Hes got just as much and he a good oke, who always gives a discount if u ask :)

sorry how can a guy with a tummy hanging around his knees know

Oh yes..because the way you look is directely related to the knowledge you have.

Always wonder about these posts and their intention, most of the complaints seem frivolous. A while back there was a whole thread slamming cycle lab because the hubber was not helped immediately he walked into their shop.

Always wonder about these posts and their intention' date=' most of the complaints seem frivolous.  [/quote']

I agree. We really do have a lot of moaners on the hub. Instead of taking it up with the relevant parties they also come here to hang their dirty laundry. Most of the people dont care and arnt really interested in reading it. Most of those that reply just stir the pot.

Only been to Cajees once. Was in JHB for the 94.7 and on Saturday afternoon at 2:30pm Checking the bike I found Mango had stuffed the RD hanger and was bent badly. Went to Cajees at Princess and a Lady spent 45 minutes looking in boxes for a spare. So I was happy Smile

um... when selling specialized products like cycling gear, um yes, why well cyclist are fit, how can a person hat cant even get on a bike explain to you weather the intended ride you wanna buy is going to be what you want.. if you where looking for a road bike that you could spend all day in comfort, or a responsive bike more suited to sprints, would he know the difference.

so yes looks are important.

you know what they say first impressions last.

where if you go to johonson or tony impy cycles.. you can see the people behind the counter cycle.. thus you have more confidence when asking for sales advice

um... when selling specialized products like cycling gear' date=' um yes, why well cyclist are fit, how can a person hat cant even get on a bike explain to you weather the intended ride you wanna buy is going to be what you want.. if you where looking for a road bike that you could spend all day in comfort, or a responsive bike more suited to sprints, would he know the difference.

so yes looks are important.

you know what they say first impressions last.

where if you go to johonson or tony impy cycles.. you can see the people behind the counter cycle.. thus you have more confidence when asking for sales advice[/quote']

have you seen how many sales people at BMW/Merc don't drive their own products?