Tzaneen Tour

Bliksempie

I still think that R 900.00 is too much.

If they make the price R 600.00 per person they will more than double the number of entrants than those that would have entered at R 900.00 per person, and so will generate a much bigger income from R 600.00 entries

We we thinking of going there, but at (first 1200) R 930.00 per person, going there with 6 - 10 people becomes a frighteningly expensive exercise

especially seeing that we have to arrange own board and lodging as well

then it turns into a R 20,000.00 weekend.

Giro del Capo cost us (6 Riders, 2 Managers & 2 attachments) R 5,000.00 for a six day stage race - Entries, Board & Lodging included!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crux, I think they want to play in the Panorama/Sabie X league. Not sure you can replicate the cost if you dont replicate the structure and atmosphere?

What was great about the previous TT was that an average funrider could have the chance to do a 3 day tour, at an afforable price.

the new organisers seems to target more the pro/elite category

And that is the shame Rabubi.  I enjoyed the Panorama a lot!  I would love to do more tours, but the price is getting a bit steep.

This was supposed to start today, does anyone have news?

how many entries did they get?

Epoh is there,

They did start, Shaun Davel won the prologue

will find out how many is there, but can't be much

"Giro del Capo cost us (6 Riders, 2 Managers & 2 attachments) R 5,000.00 for a six day stage race - Entries, Board & Lodging included!!!!"

Crux was that R5000.00 per rider or for the eight of you...

"Giro del Capo cost us (6 Riders' date=' 2 Managers & 2 attachments) R 5,000.00 for a six day stage race - Entries, Board & Lodging included!!!!"

Crux was that R5000.00 per rider or for the eight of you...
[/quote']

Sorry TEN....

Can't count Friday today

I will give you all our details next year then you book and enter our team for us if you don't mind...That is cheap. Want to put a team in next year, but the sponsor needs a budget so that is why I was asking.

two of our guys are there - apparently not that many entrants from what they can tell & they would possibly make all the licensed age cats. start together.

they say that there is a mr. price team?

Mr Price.??? Not from KZN or maybe they went without me .......Cry

looks like they went without you - sorry!

is there mr. price teams outside of kzn?

will find out more.

yoyo!

Yeah, there is about 40 road and 40 mtn bikers here by the sound of things. The numbers are about equal. They could have done lots more in terms of advertising etc. I reckon they should start with giving their web site a face lift. I had a look at the prices for accommodation, if you share with your team mates its not that bad but yeh they need to work on it to get the price down. There are a few minor issues but otherwise everything is going very well so far. The marshalling is brilliant, breakfast, lunch and dinner is free and the food is great.

The roads are awesome to ride on. The area is brilliant and the weather is stunning! If you want to have a race in winter, this is the place to have it. I think we hit 27 degrees at one point today and this morning at 6 was 12 degrees. I came because I grew up in this area and I just got gatvol of the *** weather in Gauteng.

My legs are really stuffed and I am suffering big time. I think too much racing and too little rest, usual story Dead. And also a lack of hours in the saddle as a result of the *** weather in JHB. I am still in two minds whether I want to start tomorrow's stage, which is going to be a killer. I might just take the day off. I am not going to ride 160km over the Agatha climb by myself. Davel and the HiQ okes must have fun and sort each other out tomorrow.

As Cruxie said, Davel won the prologue. The first stage was won by Pavlov (HiQ), Davel 2nd (Panda) and I think Nico Bell (HiQ) took third. HiQ attacked Davel on Magoebas but could not shake him off. HiQ might be in yellow which suits Davel's aggressive riding style better.

time to rest, laters Sleepy