Electric Shimano MTB Groupset

Guest Big H

Mad marc......how does it feel to have your kempekkernoglia besotted mind slapped around like that!!!!!!! Thanx other Hubbers doing that and asving me the hasle!!!!!!!

why did it take you so long to enter the discussion, you used to be the 1st to stand up for the japs - i really miss our old mud slinging posts, where you sh*tmano supporters try convert me.

BigH you used to rock dude!!!!!!!!

But in all honesty its not a bad product - just a pity it wears out so quickly and its getting expensive.

And i can't wait for their latest products to hit the shelves at Pick n Pay & Checkers

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back to the topic ... <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

i like the idea ... i like new technology ...

lots of people laughed when someone dreamed about landing on the moon ...

somebody needs to invest in new technology, spend hordes of money on r&d and marketing ?

so i will support them

maybe 10 years from now we all look back and argue about what the hell we did before this new technology ?

just think about all the things we use now that were previously frowned upon by idiots and pessimists and what have you all ?

No body landed on the moon, its a conspiracy...

I would rather ride Dura ace for 5 years and replace the levers after every 5 yrs than ride campy and have to service the levers every 6 weeks (exagerration) I had Campy at one stage and every 6months or so I had to replace the synchro rings and springs in the shifters...

maybe 10 years from now we all look back and argue about what the hell we did before this new technology ?

[/quote']

I'm with you on that but on the flip side (and thats always way funnier) here are a few clangers that were considered new and exciting at the time.

Girvin Flex Stems - suicide technology at it's best!

Suspension seat posts - best way to knacker your knees. Ever.

Shimano Biopace Rings - stutter pedalling! Not too convinced by Q-Rotors either...

Thermoplastic frames - who knew something so whippy would be so heavy??

Fibre Flite Composite Spokes - light, aerodynamic and softer than butter on a hot day

Anyone have any others???

Square taper BB axles - can never get them tight enough and are a mission to remove...

ProFlex forks - Hit a bump and the whole steering geometry changes, see also Girvin flex stem.

Unified Rear triangles - Old Treks and Gary Fishers, the GF Joshua and the Trek Y frame, see also suspension seat posts.

Cantilever Brakes - never worked properly, always needed adjustment to try to get them better than K@K and it took HOURS to adjust them.

Cantilever Brakes - never worked properly' date=' always needed adjustment to try to get them better than K@K and it took HOURS to adjust them.[/quote']

At the risk of repeating myself - Campag Delta brakes - the most beautiful braking system ever made. Pity about the two flaws - they didn't slow you down and they were a mother fluffer to adjust!

Shimano Biopace Rings - stutter pedalling!

Now here's a thing with Biopace...

Somebody once told me "You can't spin Biopace!"

I am a monster-sized sceptic. I also spin like a demented hamster on speed. A few year's back I was visiting family in Sydney, and the loaner bike that was pulled out had Biopace. I joined up with a group ride on the Saturday morning, and did my darnedest to spin Biopace, and felt like I was succeeding.   But climbing was impossible, and I am usually a reasonable climber.

On the Sunday ride, I figured that as Biopace was designed for freds, I would ride like a fred and grind up the climbs. Lo and behold, I fairly flew up the hill by adopting a completely unnatural pedalling style.

All the usual caveats apply, anecdotal evidence, sample size of 1, but it may just be that Biopace works really well, but works really well for the kind of person who doesn't buy bikes.

And if anybody's interested, I have a small size Lejeune road bike with Biopace (and a lovely 80's paint job) that will prolly come up for sale in the next week or two.

James

Hmmm whatever happended to those Scott bars that bent around back towards the head tube? They got you into a really nice aero tuck but it took you 10 minutes to get to your brakes...

You guys really want to see something that is digital and amazing? All of you have played with slot cars, Scalextric to the un-educated. Well a few year back they went digital. Now you can race up to 6 cars on a normal 2 track lane and you can even overtake. Other makes like Ninco and SCX soon followed.

http://www.morningstar-hobbies.co.uk/acatalog/INTERIOR15.jpg

http://www.prestoimages.net/store/rd64/64_pd1993208_1.jpg

Talking of hydraulic shifting does anyone recall Shimano came out with a DH groupset called Airlines if I remember correctly...

@Eldron, I think the guys that came up zero gravity brakes are the same plonkers that made the Delta brakes as the zero gravity's have the same properties...

Also remember the Cinelli Spinaci bars, like mini clip on aero bars that the UCI allowed for a season or two? I still have a set!

Also remember the Cinelli Spinaci bars' date=' like mini clip on aero bars that the UCI allowed for a season or two? I still have a set![/quote']

Yeah, they even had a set that looked like swiss cheese?

You guys really want to see something that is digital and amazing? All of you have played with slot cars' date=' Scalextric to the un-educated. Well a few year back they went digital. Now you can race up to 6 cars on a normal 2 track lane and you can even overtake. Other makes like Ninco and SCX soon followed.

http://www.morningstar-hobbies.co.uk/acatalog/INTERIOR15.jpg

http://www.prestoimages.net/store/rd64/64_pd1993208_1.jpg[/quote']

now this makes the big kid in me smile a mile wide :-)