Slipping Grips

BrendonMyb

Hairspray has always been the simplest and best solution for me' date=' and the grips are a lot easier to take off afterwards as well. Just need hot soapy water and a plastic shim.[/quote']

so DD you reckon it works well then but does it stick real well though, just wondering that after sometime it might come loose, or does it really work like a bomb ?

So i dont want to change my grips cause i really like what i have but they are slipping. I have bought lockon grips but i like what i have now soooo....

?

Here are some of the concoktions ( spelling ) that ive checked on the web so far.

?

1.Hairspray

?

2.Running the grip under hot water for 30 sec's & then sliding them on & leaving. Apparently they will contract onto the bars & not move - Im not so sure about that but anyway

?

3.spray on adhesive - have no idea where to get this though ?

?

4.boiling some rice until very sticky - then mashinto a paste & put inside the grip & leave it to dry

?

5.Energy gel

?

Have any of you tried this ?' date=' & what works best ?
[/quote']

Same Problem. Use Meths: rinse out inside of grips and wipe down bars where the grips go over .... rinse inside of grips again ... slip on wet ... leave to stand over night ... enjoy :)

I may want to use foam grips on the mtb again some time, gonna put on esi's, I have the serfas knockoff but they a bit thick and hard for me. 

Is there any glue I must avoid with the foam ?

Hairspray has always been the simplest and best solution for me' date=' and the grips are a lot easier to take off afterwards as well. Just need hot soapy water and a plastic shim.[/quote']

?

so DD you reckon it works well then but does it stick real well though, just wondering that after sometime it might come loose, or does it really work like a bomb??

Absolutely, I get strange looks for having a can of extra firm hold hairspry in my tool box, but it works like a bomb. I've never ever had any of my grips work loose using this method.

If it works for world cup mechanics, it should work for us mere mortals.

so DD you reckon it works well then but does it stick real well though, just wondering that after sometime it might come loose, or does it really work like a bomb ?

Absolutely, I get strange looks for having a can of extra firm hold hairspry in my tool box, but it works like a bomb. I've never ever had any of my grips work loose using this method.
If it works for world cup mechanics, it should work for us mere mortals.

sweeeeet

• 1 month later...

In my 30 years riding bmx bikes i have tried everything and it always seemed to start rotating until i used turps (only on certain grips but most work fine) just pour a little in the grip and slip it on, leave for about 20min and the grip will not come loose.

Use hairspray and put two cable ties longer than the grips inside. They will give you a bit of a gap between the bars and grip. Once on, just pull out the cable ties and your grips are on nice and taait.

Use hairspray and put two cable ties longer than the grips inside. They will give you a bit of a gap between the bars and grip. Once on' date=' just pull out the cable ties and your grips are on nice and taait.[/quote']

yup thats the one ive done & its works like a bomb. Just dont expect to get the grip off again unless youre prepared to cut it off. It sticks like poo on an army blanket to the handlebar

If you want them to come off, just spray a little Q20 under the edge and put in a small flat screw driver and turn it around going deeper and deeper, spraying more inside.

I have used Hairspray on foam grips, and it work wonders. When u want to remove the grips, just push a small screwdriver and some water, and they will slide off pretty easy.