nathrix

DStv price increase...  

76 members have voted

1. 1. DStv price increase...

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't care

Hi Tankman

You can activate the base package which is sabc1,2,3 and e-tv it will also give you channel 112 and botswana T.V. as well as supersportblitz for R225 per year. At least you will be able to see the sports highlights and the news..Big%20smile

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't believe people can get so upset about R30??????

?

I have noticed in my practice that it is usualy the fatest' date=' smoking people who do not pay or moan about price increases. But yet, you will find them with a ciggaret in the hand in the McD's ordering a dubble burger with a milkshake.

?

Seriously......R30 bucs man?? It is 2 less beers a month or one less McD' burger, seeeeesh....
[/quote']

Stop it! You're making me hungry!

I just can't believe people can get so upset about R30??????

I have noticed in my practice that it is usualy the fatest' date=' smoking people who do not pay or moan about price increases. But yet, you will find them with a ciggaret in the hand in the McD's ordering a dubble burger with a milkshake.

Seriously......R30 bucs man?? It is 2 less beers a month or one less McD' burger, seeeeesh....
[/quote']

Stop it! You're making me hungry!

LOL Exactly my point!LOL

Hi Tankman

You can activate the base package which is sabc1' date='2,3 and e-tv it will also give you channel 112 and botswana T.V. as well as supersportblitz for R225 per year. At least you will be able to see the sports highlights and the news..Big%20smile
[/quote']

Thanks but I cant say that I really miss Tv that much except when having a sit down to eat.  For some strange reason I find it quite relaxing to eat while staring at the tv!

I stopped watching the news years ago, who killed who, who robbed and raped who, some political making empty promises, police and government being corrupt.... no thanks seen all that negative crap to many times!  If that piece of news is really that important I will get to hear about it some other way... someone telling me or reading about is here on my favorite news station ... hubsa!  

I suppose yo could always go and join this lot

Facebook Group

but they only got 3 members ! smiley36.gif

Oh' date=' and they got the date wrong as well.[/quote']

3 members is clearly not the 20% of DSTV subscribers Ilse hope for! LOL

The price increase is only R30' date=' what about the electricity ?

You all gonna start camping ?
[/quote']

And dont forget about the petrol. Make sure the camp site is walking distance from work.

The price increase is only R30' date=' what about the electricity ?

You all gonna start camping ?
[/quote']

And dont forget about the petrol. Make sure the camp site is walking distance from work.

So this all means that McD's prices will also increase....... o crapper now the masses will not be able to eat as wellConfused

@Regard - R30 in itself is not that bad...but what you are finding is that people have a perceived value of what DSTV should be, and once that level has been breached, that is when people start questioning the need for the service.

I've been one of those who, after last year's increase (which as 12% - R50), downgraded to one of the entry level packages, because for me, the perceived value of DSTV was below R500 per month, hence me downgrading.

Wish we could downgrade our electricity account as well Wink

Charvel2010-03-02 08:24:18

@Regard - R30 in itself is not that bad...but what you are finding is that people have a perceived value of what DSTV should be' date=' and once that level has been breached, that is when people start questioning the need for the service.

I've been one of those who, after last year's increase (which as 12% - R50), downgraded to one of the entry level packages, because for me, the perceived value of DSTV was below R500 per month, hence me downgrading.

Wish we could downgrade our electricity account as well Wink

[/quote']

SmileUnderstand fully.

I also had a look at those packages, but jeesh....like some one els said, they are catered at a "very specific market group" and I just can't justify MtvB, SS3, SS4 Channel O, Botswana TV.

Fact is I will pay R1500 per month for the privilage to watch decent TV.

SmileUnderstand fully.

I also had a look at those packages' date=' but jeesh....like some one els said, they are catered at a "very specific market group" and I just can't justify MtvB, SS3, SS4 Channel O, Botswana TV.

Fact is I will pay R1500 per month for the privilage to watch decent TV.

[/quote']

I have to add that I didn't go for the "bottom of the barrel" option, but got something which offers just enough not to feel like a complete waste. Big%20smile

The sport is a touchy subject, but Multichoice knows that this is one of the main reasons why (IMHO) people take the premium package and they will never unbundle it from the premium package. Confused

Well, let's see what ODM and Super5Media are going to offer. I see that ODM's premium package will go for R249 per month and Super5Media is talking about IP streaming etc.

So I downloaded the rest of the season (SA is about half a season behind the states) and she watched it in HD on the projector.

Technically' date=' this is illegal.. that is why we cant watch series/movies on one of the web broadcasters unless we have a foreign proxy.....even though we all do it (watch and download). There is lots of arguments about the "but its just like taping onto VHS" etc - nevertheless, illegal smiley5.gif [/quote']

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I DON'T do technical!