DStv price increase

nathrix

DStv price increase...  

76 members have voted

1. 1. DStv price increase...

• Good
    • Bad
    • Don't care

I don't have dstv' date=' so I've probably got the details wrong.

But from what I read the increase is R30 or 6% and last increase was a year ago.... seems pretty standard. Seriously a poll was created for this?

And who is going to vote "Good", ever on price increase?

[/quote']

Ah yes, but 50% more ads compared to last year makes you think they should actually decrease the monthly subscription...Most times there's so many ads on dstv, it feels like you paying to watch ads. If you had dstv, you would know.

The poll was created for people that don't want to type away on their opinion about it, so they can just 'tick'. Weird things do happen on the hub, you might get some oke that's happy about the increase because he could be a MultiChoice share holder or something...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all cool with the increase...Its been R30 increase evry year for last 5 years (or since I've had DStv)....

I've got xxtraview.......Approve....Egoli/Binnelanders in the bedroom.....the other TV all to myself......Approve.....

R529 + 65 = R594.....that's one trip less per month to Canal Walk.....

anyways, to me, its money well spent. There is always something to watch...even if it is the odd Top Gear being watched for the millionth time...I love it....

Also...

F1 weekend - LIVE

Football - LIVE

Cycling - LIVE

Athletics - LIVE

Cricket - LIVE

Rugby - LIVE...

That's more that R500 worth of stuff...

PLUS

The big HD upgrade is inevitable...Big%20smile....

O so they can cater for the "local soccer supporter" with the cheaper packages but not for the "rugby-cricket-cycling" supporter. How can they create the cheaper packages but not create a package for anybody elso.

Lets just say it's the previous goverments problem and forget about it. R600 x 12 months=R7200. x 10years+R72000-00 x 3(30 years in total)=R216 000-00 At least 4 very good bikes you could of bought over thirty years

No TV Licence, no TV. 

Got a Projector hooked up to my home theatre.  DL all the movies, rent DVD's and play PS3 on the projector. 

I cancelled my DSTV about 3 yrs ago.  Now my fiance and I spend more quality time together.  Don't miss DSTV at all. 

When I want to watch sport I goto the local pub, enjoy the atmosphere, have a couple of cold ones and enjoy the afternoon/evening with my mates.

I cannot justify spending R600, on 5 channels that interest us.

No TV Licence' date=' no TV.?

?

Got a Projector hooked up to my home theatre.? DL all the movies, rent DVD's and play PS3 on the projector.?

?

I cancelled?my DSTV about 3 yrs ago.? Now my fiance and I spend more quality time together.? Don't miss DSTV at all.?

?

When I want to watch sport I goto the local pub, enjoy the atmosphere, have a couple of cold ones and enjoy the afternoon/evening with my mates.

?

I cannot justify spending R600, on 5 channels that interest us.
[/quote']

i just cancelled my dstv subs.

My wife accidentally turned on the tv the other night and desperate housewives was on. So I downloaded the rest of the season (SA is about half a season behind the states) and she watched it in HD on the projector.

Anything thats on DSTV you can download off the web -discovery, top gear, national geographic and even the bubble gum channels (keeping up with the kardashians, etc)

So I downloaded the rest of the season (SA is about half a season behind the states) and she watched it in HD on the projector.

Technically, this is illegal.. that is why we cant watch series/movies on one of the web broadcasters unless we have a foreign proxy.....even though we all do it (watch and download). There is lots of arguments about the "but its just like taping onto VHS" etc - nevertheless, illegal smiley5.gif

Cut DSTV september already. I'm now a much better guitarist than when I had DSTV. Don't miss the EPL, CSIs anymore. I rarely watch TV. Its a paperweight now. dstv DECODER is in the cubboard with the grammophone.

I cancelled my subs last month and activated the "entry" package which is SABC1,2,3, e-tv, channel 112 and botswana tv as well as supersportblitz. At least can watch sports highlights. Cost R225-00 per year!

I've got xxtraview.......Approve....Egoli/Binnelanders in the bedroom.....the other

Egoli's last episode tonight!

Yup, cut mine in december.  Found out that sabc and E are only free for 3 months after canceling your subscription.  Now no tv! I removed my antenna when I installed the dish.

I just can't believe people can get so upset about R30??????

I have noticed in my practice that it is usualy the fatest, smoking people who do not pay or moan about price increases. But yet, you will find them with a ciggaret in the hand in the McD's ordering a dubble burger with a milkshake.

Seriously......R30 bucs man?? It is 2 less beers a month or one less McD' burger, seeeeesh....

I suppose yo could always go and join this lot

Facebook Group

but they only got 3 members ! smiley36.gif

Oh, and they got the date wrong as well.