Astana you tjop

Wyatt Earp

My 21 year old cousin died unexpectedly 3 months ago after having pains on her chest.  It was extremely hurtful to the family to have people speculating about her death just because of her age. Tests showed up negative for drug usage.

Tragedy happens. Sometimes with no explanation.

Lets give the family and friends some respect by backing off the topic and allowing them to grieve.

The grieving is made far worse when accusations are flying around.

I agree.... back to the classifieds!!.... untill more concrete info available, but i really would like to know more about this, as it does concern us all, as hard training cyclists... although statisticly, not likely to happen,,, i have 2 small kids, i need to wake up in the morning!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO?the original thread was posted for condolences and should have remained as such' date=' if there are questions then start another thread such as?this one?to use. [/quote']

Exactly what I was implying.

As for me this was quite a wake up call, I somehow think that I will be retiring from ultra endurance events for a while.

Guest colonel

Does anybody know if EPO causes the heart to enlarge ?.

Ask Lance isnt his the size of a Pilates ball or something according to Brown Nose Carmichael?

Andy' date=' I agree with you, but not in a thread that is a tragedy   smiley2.gif
As I said, google is a powerful tool.[/quote']

So it would've been acceptable if a new thread had been started discussion possible causes of death instead of on the thread announcing/informing the tragedy and death?

EPO can cause the blood to thicken (more red blood cells and the like) thus the heart is under pressure to pump the blood around. But the report says the dude had arythmia a couple years back, so who knows? Unfortunetly, and I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, but if its your time then it's your time to go...RIP

Andy' date=' I agree with you, but not in a thread that is a tragedy   smiley2.gif As I said, google is a powerful tool.[/quote']

So it would've been acceptable if a new thread had been started discussion possible causes of death instead of on the thread announcing/informing the tragedy and death?

Yip, yip ,yip.

Andy' date=' I agree with you, but not in a thread that is a tragedy   smiley2.gif As I said, google is a powerful tool.[/quote']

Yip, yip ,yip.

I agree. A new thread should've been started to discuss the cause of death and information relating to the death while keeping the annoucement thread for condolences. So Astana basically made the mistake of posting in the wrong thread.

Does anybody know if EPO causes the heart to enlarge ?.

Ask Lance isnt his the size of a Pilates ball or something according to Brown Nose Carmichael?

Not sure about EPO enlarging the heart, the main issue i believe is it thickens the blood which causes problems with peps who have very low heart rates.

Endurance sport training in itself can enlargen the heart if I'm not mistaken, so most of you us could have that condition.

Wonder how many of you are on performance drugs, you just know to much for normal cyclists. And for those who are I hope you do get health problems!!!

NO EPO does not cause the heart to enlarge or thickens the blood.  EPO is a genetically-engineered version of a natural hormone made by the kidney that stimulates bone marrow to make red blood cells.

synthetic EPO is sold as a rescue medicine for treating anemia in end-stage kidney disease, when production of EPO declines.

Wonder how many of you are on performance drugs' date=' you just know to much for normal cyclists. And for those who are I hope you do get health problems!!! [/quote']

LOL when last did you drink a coke or other similar drink containing sugar and caffeine.

Well I hope your teeth dont vrot...to much

NO EPO does not cause the heart to enlarge or thickens the blood.  EPO is a genetically-engineered version of a natural hormone made by the kidney that stimulates bone marrow to make red blood cells.

Wrong!! WRT to the blood thickening bit.

SwissVan2010-03-24 05:23:12

SwissVan is correct. The blood thickens so much that cyclists who use it sleep with their heart rate monitors on, with the zones set to alarm them when their heart rate drops below a certain amount.

They then have to jump out of bed and get onto the indoor trainer to get their blood pumping again.

SwissVan is correct. The blood thickens so much that cyclists who use it sleep with their heart rate monitors on' date=' with the zones set to alarm them when their heart rate drops below a certain amount.

They then have to jump out of bed and get onto the indoor trainer to get their blood pumping again. [/quote']

LOLLOL

Guest colonel

Wonder how many of you are on performance drugs' date=' you just know to much for normal cyclists. And for those who are I hope you do get health problems!!! [/quote']

20100324_064546_081110-fail-dvd.jpg

jislaak, some people can really go off on something. Get out more often and chill out.

Hope you all had your say. Nothing we do or say can change anything in the end. Its gone and dusted, nothing will come from this...

As I said - no harmful intentions to the family or friends were intended.