Astana you tjop

Wyatt Earp

I would be interested in what caused the death of this rider as perhaps it is something that can be avoided and other lives saved.

I agree fully.

What ticks me regarding the other thread is this.

The story gets told, the rider gets mentioned and EPO also gets mentioned in the same thread, now future googles on this will spit out rider who sadly passed away linked to a thread with an EPO conspiracy.

Some okes just don't think further than the attention they seek.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tragedy and must show the respect due. Having said that we also can't live with our eyes shielded to reality. Life consists of the good and the bad, the positive and the negative and combined they form reality. All possible angles of a situation need to be looked at and discussed. Of course the discussion should be conducted in a proper and respectful manner with reality as the focus. Good and bad should be mentioned.

Dangle, Get off your high horse.

or at least be careful up there, its a long way down.

Andy, I agree with you, but not in a thread that is a tragedy   smiley2.gif

As I said, google is a powerful tool.

Dangle' date=' Get off your high horse.

or at least be careful up there, its a long way down.
[/quote']

I don't have a horse you fool, I am a cyclist smiley5.gif

Now get back on your Giant smiley7.gif

I wonder if Julius M. died because of aids and someone mentioned unprotected sex, if we'd have a similar thread.

Just saying.

I wonder if Julius M. died because of aids and someone mentioned unprotected sex' date=' if we'd have a similar thread.

?

Just saying.
[/quote']

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

What a twisted view.

I would like to know more about what happened for my own health, and for everyone to learn from.... i hope there is an autopsy, and the report is my available. I had a mate who sadly died of a heart attack a few years ago. He was 40 years old and a super fit, and competitive triathlete. The autopsy revealed that he had an enlarged heart, with an irregular beat. Enlarged heart is quite common in endurance athletes, and from what i heard, this guy was a 24hour world mtb champ?

sadly though when i heard the news, EPO crossed my mind?   

Bat-Ass

Thanks for the crawler smiley4.gif

You thought EPO but didn't voice it, there is a difference   smiley20.gif

What you said about the enlarged heart, I have heard this before, some docs reckon that endurance athletes actually enlarge the heart muscle and this apparently could have quite a negative effect. (perhaps some medical dudes here who could assist ?)

24 Hour solo athletes also tend to do big hours, this is very sad indeed, they just mentioned it on Highveld as well.

No prob Dangle, hope it arrived in good order, i tried to pack it as best i could!!!

What happens with this enlarged heart thing (i'm no fundi, just what i found out from Mark's death) is... the heart gets realy big, and the muscle becomes big and cumbersome, then with an irregular heart beat, the heart skips a beat, and because its so big, can't start again... With medics close by, chances are good.. but if it happens in your sleep, knowone knows!!! very sad

Welcome to The Hub, where you're presumed guilty until you cant prove your innocence.......Confused

IMO the original thread was posted for condolences and should have remained as such, if there are questions then start another thread such as this one to use.

Does anybody know if EPO causes the heart to enlarge ?

I know steroids (test, deca, etc) can cause the heart to grow bigger.

Does anybody know if EPO causes the heart to enlarge ?

I know steroids (test' date=' deca, etc) can cause the heart to grow bigger.

[/quote']

An enlarged heart is not necessarily a bad thing. It just depends on how you got it. Most athletes probably have a bigger heart due to the fact that it grows like any other muscle when it is regularly exercised. PED's will accelerate the process as it allows you to push harder.

An enlarged heart is often caused by clogged arteries and it is then the heart's emergency way of growing new arteries around the blocked ones which results in a bigger heart due to the growth of the heart to try and sustain itself. You do not want to get an enlarged heart this way.

epoh2010-03-24 02:37:32

.... i hope there is an autopsy' date=' and the report is my available...[/quote']

Legally, an autopsy must be performed in a death where "unnatural" causes cannot be excluded. In one of the online news articles, it was mentioned that the decision to do the autopsy in South Africa vs Australia was still pending.

I don't think that results of the autopsy are, by default, made public, because of medical confidentiality. If the family allows the information to become available, that is their right.

This is a sad time for cyclingCry

My 21 year old cousin died unexpectedly 3 months ago after having pains on her chest.  It was extremely hurtful to the family to have people speculating about her death just because of her age. Tests showed up negative for drug usage.

Tragedy happens. Sometimes with no explanation.

Lets give the family and friends some respect by backing off the topic and allowing them to grieve.

The grieving is made far worse when accusations are flying around.