The officially unofficial Garmin thread

Weight Weenie

Hey all

Getting my edge 500 soon' date=' so thought I'd start a garmin thread to exchange routes, tips, maps, workouts etc. 

Enjoy !

WW.
[/quote']

Did you get it yet?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny you should ask that ! Ordered friday 2 weeks ago, really getting impatient now.  See my new post for more info...

Hi Luan. Do you use mapmyride to map your rides. I currently use it and upload gps tracks created with my cellphone.

HEy Stewie I do, mtber1988 is my user name. 

cyclingfan look on the hub, there are for sale, must be ant+ compatable

The Edge 500 is very cool! I put a speed/cadence sensor on my road and MTB. It's worked perfectly since I got it - no issues whatsoever. Thumbs%20Up

cool ..... did you get a choice of units?

As in metric/imperial? If you're not logged in and don't have a Garmin Connect account you can view an activity in metric units by clicking the "View in Metric" link (top right of the screen). Otherwise it's a setting in your profile/account. Smile

maybe what he meant was colour ? the black/silver and argyle are not out yet afik, but my bike is blue pimped so I love the colour, fits perfectly

Tried the course function yesterday, works great and the virtual partner is cool to chase, didnt beat him though, although I rode a pb on the route.  The little virtual 'agent' must watchout, I will beat him next time hehe

Considering either the Edge 500, Edge 705 or going with a Polar or Suunto watch. Want to use it for fitness training. What would you recommend? Does the 500 come with a fitness trainer/ program as with Polar and Suunto (eg T4d?)

Do like the larger screen and the 705 looks quite bulky, don't think i need the full maps

The edge 500 does not have a coach, but it does have a few workout programs loaded ie. TT and you can alter these or add your own.

But the garmin might get it later with firmware updates

How've you found your Edge 500? Other forums say the display contrast is poor? Also considering the Polar CS200 as will save a fair bundle. Confused as to which will be better in the long run Confused

No problems in direct sunlight, dusk or night with the backlight at night. 

What do you want from the unit ?

The edge does about everything so may be overkill for some