Broke my seatpost

_Daemon_

Place where the seatpost brokehttp://www.x-trax.co.za/Out of interest how many people knew of this place?Very rarely see other mtbers there and the place is super fun to ride.

I thought it broke just below the seat clamp. My bad.

I think thats a design fault - tube should go into a molding that can take the stress of the bolts etc

Last weekend my KCNC seat clamp also just snapped.

And yes, I didn't over tighten it and no, it was not on a drop-off etc. It happend while I was washing my bike!

Seems that KCNC is crappy?

Flip - I'm worried, I have one of those seatposts... Confused

It's actually my second seatpost - the first one was faulty, I changed my position for IronMan, and the saddle kept slipping. The rep said you should only have one setup, coz the rails and seat clamp "seat" and then it slips if you change your saddle position...

excuse me... smells like a load of bullCensored

My FSA carbon one got broken during an XC race at the insert.

Me-thinks: The bolt was little overtight (never know with these carbon goodies...) & I went seated through a big dip (they guy in front of me cut me off, leaving me with a nasty detour with little time to react).

Post was 1,5 years old - used for XC only, but ramming through stuff at full speed regularly. My weight is 84kg - but I am 1,93cm, so not to big in the butt!

Replaced with Thomson - significantly lighter!

Also in the market for torgue wrench - PM me if you can help. I will be in SA during May.