Be aware. Fraudster at hand

spylikeme

?

this site, or any other site that doesnt directly broker the deal, cannot be held accountable for the actions of others. Asking for anything different is merely a weak attempt at deferring what is really each individual's responsibility to ensure they do not get conned. Reality is, it takes a little effort, but peeps are lazy. So what if there is minimal registration. Still will not prevent deals going pear-shaped. Scapegoats, everyone wants one, except the one in the mirror.

?

Many thanks for the tip on waiting for cash clearance. Well done for not handing over the bike to a cheat!

Remember though that the risk runs both ways. What if the deposit goes through but

there is no delivery of the bike / components?

Up to now I have had no such problems and I am sure that 99% of members are 100% trustworthy. So, what to do about the shady 1%? The second hand market is very imporant and we cannot allow it to be discredited in this way.

My advice is do the transaction in person, or if the seller is in another town, get a friend who lives there to do it for you. Hand over the cash and take delivery at the same time.

If the amount is big, or for any other reason you are nervous, I suggest you do the deal at a friendly bike shop for added peace of mind.

I would in any case prefer for an expert to check the parts / bike, at a reasonable charge of course, before taking delivery, which gives another reason for doing the deal in that way.

I have bought numerous bits on the hub without even a hint of a problem.

I do check their "status" though. I feel pretty comfortable with someone who has been around for a while. I read their previous posts. The ultimate hubbers are known by a lot of other hubbers by now? I would be nervous to transact with a rookie who has 2 posts?

I don't believe that it's up to the site to control this.

I have bought numerous bits on the hub without even a hint of a problem.I do check their "status" though. I feel pretty comfortable with someone who has been around for a while. I read their previous posts. The ultimate hubbers are known by a lot of other hubbers by now? I would be nervous to transact with a rookie who has 2 posts?I don't believe that it's up to the site to control this.

Yep, Thats the same for me as well.

If a person has been on the hub for a while and has quite alot of posts. You can generally see quite quickly if you are going to get taken for a ride or not.

my name is annemarie rossouw or ann to those who cant pronounce it. i work for a scale company in benrose jhb and am currently not liking it for a reason that involves a long story. i also got my GT Avalanche 2.0 2008/9 model for xmas from my boyfriends father so that i can join their family tradition in cycling.

now i would give all my details but for the scammers on the hub i dont.

so there that was easy. anyone who wants to confirm can phone me at work on 011 618 2554 or check out the website at www.scalerite.co.za

my name is annemarie rossouw or ann to those who cant pronounce it. i work for a scale company in benrose jhb and am currently not liking it for a reason that involves a long story. i also got my GT Avalanche 2.0 2008/9 model for xmas from my boyfriends father so that i can join their family tradition in cycling.

now i would give all my details but for the scammers on the hub i dont.

so there that was easy. anyone who wants to confirm can phone me at work on 011 618 2554 or check out the website at www.scalerite.co.za

So are you looking for a date or some kind of a relationship or something? Maybe just Bike pals, Activity partners, Friends, Short-term, Open to possibilities, Long-term, Marriage?

Hi Gents,

I was just about to log off, but might just stick aroung for a short while. This could be interesting.

Regards

Sarge

well since we are all being honest...

my name is mark...my bestest color is yellow and I like puppies and poems